Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

October self care 🍁

GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
edited January 2023 in General Chat

October self care!

Happy October, how did we fly through this year? As the last thread was popular, I decided to do it again! Another self care thread with daily self care challenges, yay!

If anyone is interested in posting a self care month, please send me a PM so I know not to :) thank you

October 1st- take a walk!
October 2nd- write a kind note for a friend
October 3rd- social media free day!
October 4th- cuddle a pet
October 5th- try a new skin care routine
October 6th- enjoy your favourite snacks
October 7th- mindfulness colouring
October 8th- have an evening pamper
October 9th- share you favourite self care routine(in the comments)
October 10th- invite a friend for dinner
October 11th- Take a mental health day
October 12th- wear something cosy
October 13th- write in your journal
October 14th- spend some time outside (autumn is the best time to stand on crunchy leaves and frosty grass)
October 15th- listen to a podcast
October 16th- snuggle a pet
October 17th- visit your favourite coffee shop
October 18th- share a hug (ask first, don't just randomly hug someone)
October 19th- Find a new hobby, or revisit an old one.
October 20th- take a nap
October 21st- bake a Halloween treat
October 22nd- visit family/ friends
October 23rd- do something that makes you feel happy
October 24th- get an early night
October 25th- have a lie in
October 26th- enjoy your favourite take away
October 27th - facemasks! Make your own and have some fun with it
October 28th- carve a pumpkin
October 29th- binge watch your favourite films/TV show
October 30th- read a book
October 31st- have a day out with friends

Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Day one.

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Day one ~ This is from a walk the other day as it’s been raining all day today for me 

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 228 Trailblazer
    Lovely thread @GreenTea   Looks like you had a really scenic walk :)

@Millie2787 your dog is so adorable <3 How old are they? 

I went for a nice walk today after work and thankfully brought my raincoat with me! Although my phone died so I don't have any pictures unfortunately.   

Nice poppy!
    Don't always need to post pictures! It's more to inspire people to be involved with self care and share their experiences each day! Pictures are a bonus!
    PoppyB said:
    Lovely thread @GreenTea   Looks like you had a really scenic walk :)

@Millie2787 your dog is so adorable <3 How old are they? 

I went for a nice walk today after work and thankfully brought my raincoat with me! Although my phone died so I don't have any pictures unfortunately.   

Hey @PoppyB little Louie is nearly 4 ! We got him as a rescue in April and he’s my little therapy dog , knows when I’m anxious and everything <3
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    Day one ~ This is from a walk the other day as it’s been raining all day today for me 

Cutee!!!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Day 2 - I didn’t write a note for a friend but last night whilst talking to the key notes speaker from the conference she said this to me 💕

Day 2- wrote a note to a work friend thanking them for supporting me when I had my moments last week
    edited October 2019
    Write a note to teddy. Told him hes v fluffy &  cute ahah
    edit - was a joke btw lol just incase anyone thought was serious. I told it to him instead. Dont think anyone classes me as their friend so thats the next best thing ah
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Day 2 - I didn’t write a note for a friend but last night whilst talking to the key notes speaker from the conference she said this to me 💕

What a lovely message she's given you! 
    Sent someone from beat a heartfelt message and their reply was so kind and heartfelt too. What a good self care thing. It's nice too look after yourself and people around you. 
    Day 3- social media free morning but not all day!
    Day 4- hoping the therapy dog will be in today
    Day 4 - My little Lou this morning 💕

@Millie2787 cuteee
    Day 5- used a active charcoal clay face mask and a new face wash before bed
    Day 6- don't have any of my favourite snacks in the house but if I did I would definitely possibly have a little
    Cry
    Shaunie said:
    Cry
    (Meant as another self care option btw, although i have cried over snacks before lol)
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,030 Boards Guru
    Sending you hugs @Shaunie <3 What's your favourite snack? 

Mine is popcorn and I've hade some today yum!

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Grapes
    Yesterday - got this new moustrise and smells amazing 💕

Fav snack is a pecan,rasian and cranberry bread from Tesco 
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    I havent had one in a while due to a lot of thing but tonight had my first cider in a long time - this is my fav treat (sorry I dont have a fav snack). Established in Nelson, New Zelend (yes kewi free 😂) they are vegan (I think) if not free from everything including gluten 

Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    I coloured this last night 

• DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Day 7 I love colouring but I can’t find any books in my house 
    Day 7- fell asleep colouring.
    Woke up with pen on my face
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    One day a week now I decided to walk down from college to the station and my dad picks me up from their, it's a nice two mile walk

Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    Day 9 Had a shower 
    Bath & then a shower
    Shaunie said:
    Bath & then a shower
    I cat unfortunately get in the bath now because of my physical disability I used to love a bath when I was younger