Young Carers of The Mix, we need you! Tell us about your experiences of our services and give yourself a chance to win £50 of Amazon vouchers.
Want to tell us about your experiences using The Mix and be in with a chance of winning a £200 Amazon Voucher? Click here to go to our survey!

Weekly challenge #111

AifeAife LondonPosts: 1,950 Staff Moderator
edited September 10 in Travel & Free Time

Hey everyone,

For this week's challenge, we're going to be doing a decluttering challenge! We've put together a challenge for you to try each day this week to start decluttering and help you feel organised! 

Day 1 - Organise your bedroom.
Day 2 - Declutter your closet! Donate any clothes you no longer wear to charity.
Day 3 - Clear your mind with meditation.
Day 4 - Declutter your purse/wallet/bag.
Day 5 - Organise your closet and fold your clothes like Marie Kondo (click here for a video tutorial!). 
Day 6 - Clear your inbox & unsubscribe from any unwanted emails.
Day 7 - Delete apps on your phone that you no longer use.

Try and do as many of these as you can this week. Let us know what you've done this week and post a photo of your decluttering!

Don't forget to vote on next week's challenge ideas too and if you have any ideas of weekly challenges we can do in the future, let us know over on this thread.

- Aife

Weekly challenge #111 6 votes

Two truths and one lie game challenge
50% 3 votes
Compliment challenge
50% 3 votes
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Comments

• Kasa2103Kasa2103 I am the Sultan. I am me. South EastPosts: 1,648 Postholic
    Day 1-  I got rid of my rubbish and cleared my school bag. 

Day 2-  I do that a lot anyway. I grow out of things so so quickly. 
    So salaam worthy friend. Come back soon! That's the end.  Till another Arabian night! A whole new world, a new fantastic point of view. No one to tell us no, or where to go, or say we're only dreaming. A whole new world, with new horizons to pursue. I'll chase them anywhere, there's time to spare. Let me share this whole new world with you. A whole new world, that's where I'll be. 
    Aife
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 2,434 Mega Poster
    Not sure if this needs a Tw but anyway.. 

For those of you that suffer with an ed, or don't suffer anyway check your local mental health team/ed department..

Those that have suffered know how expensive it can be buying new clothes through recovery, not sure if they do it everywhere but here anyway they have like a clothes bank where they give out clothes to low income families so help with the cost of recovery and they're always looking for donations 😊 just thought I'd mention it as not many people know about it but that's where all my clothes that don't fit go now 😊

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Aife
  • AifeAife LondonPosts: 1,950 Staff Moderator
    Thanks so much for sharing this @BubblesGoesBoo. :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 5,761 The Mix Elder
    Ah. I wanna fold my clothes so they stand up!  I just know how to fold primark clothes lol
    I've learnt two people can look at the exact same thing and see something completly different. 
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 I am the Sultan. I am me. South EastPosts: 1,648 Postholic
    Day 3- Ummm I  failed :(
    Day 4- Yep. Threw all my rubbish out my bag and took my school books out.

So salaam worthy friend. Come back soon! That's the end.  Till another Arabian night! A whole new world, a new fantastic point of view. No one to tell us no, or where to go, or say we're only dreaming. A whole new world, with new horizons to pursue. I'll chase them anywhere, there's time to spare. Let me share this whole new world with you. A whole new world, that's where I'll be.