Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What Has Made You Go Awww Today?

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
I believe that everyone should have at least 1 moment in their day when they go awww. I am wondering what has happened today that has made you go awwww.
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    For me it was these things:

1. A girl from school giving me a massive hug when I arrived at the performing arts course.

2. A 6 year old was giving me a cuddle basically for hours on end.

3. She said that she wants to be with me forever (how on earth did she know I am a lesbian! 😂)

4. The fact that I chased some 6 year olds around the room.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    I found this cute puppy photo on Pintrest yesterday! 

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Aife said:
    I found this cute puppy photo on Pintrest yesterday! 

Awwww <3
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    A gift from a friend :) well it made me cry actually haha but it's cute :lol:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Went round my sisters and she picked her friends dog to look after - he was a Staffie. Never been keen on Staffies tbh probs cause of bad rep. But he had a cute personality 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Today the same 6 year old that I mentioned yesterday wouldn't stop holding onto me the entire course. The only time we were separated was when she went to the toilet, when she had her singing lesson with the younger kids and when we had different roles. It was even cuter that she decided to sit on my lap. Oh and her tooth fell out today. 

And after the course I saw a super cute dog on the way to the car. 
    Yesterday these things made me go aww:

1. When I was upset a 6 year old came looking for me.

2. When I was hiding due to feeling overwhelmed the other older girls made sure I was OK before they went and got an adult.

3. The singing teacher from the performing arts course gave me a new nickname. 

4. There were two 6 year olds that said that they love me.

5. A 6 year old decided to jump onto me and cling onto my foot.
    I found these sweet quotes on 7Cups.
    My best friend got engaged! 😁😁 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    My best friend got engaged! 😁😁 
    Congratulations 
    I found a video of me recreating the Pampers advert (the premature baby one.) I used the baby Snapchat filter. It was adorable to watch but also weird 
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    My new baby Lizard, had a bath and once he was out he began to rub his belly against the floor of his tank and shake his feet to dry them! Thought it was sooooo cute haha 
    My new baby Lizard, had a bath and once he was out he began to rub his belly against the floor of his tank and shake his feet to dry them! Thought it was sooooo cute haha 
    That is definitely soooooooo cute. Aife would find that adorable. In fact tagging @Aife
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Haha @Kasa2103
    Omgg this is soo cute! I love baby animals! You know me too well @Kasa2103!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Aife said:
    Omgg this is soo cute! I love baby animals! You know me too well @Kasa2103!
    ;)
    Not today but the other day. My sister is hating her job right now. She came home from work and said "no matter how bad my day is, I know I'll always have you" and it was the cutest. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    So my friend brought me this coffee chocolate in m&s and I opened it to try a small amount because I was interested in what it was.. and it had AM and PM on it 😂 just thought it was cute (haven't eaten it now as it's too cute)
    Went out with some friends in March and I found this photo of one of the cats we saw. 
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Getting woken up today by my dog Kipper jumping on the bed to give me a cuddle. Hard to be mad at him when he's just so sweet. :love:
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Gave my cat a belly and shoulder rub. She absolutely loved it and purred the entire time. It calmed me down too.
    J got us matching Teddy's, hers is called A (after me) and mines is called J (after her) how cute is she? 💞 

Friends have been checking in on me today with it being first day back and it's really cute.
    Teddy love head massages. He can be asking to play and be really hyper but to calm him down when I can't be bother I massages his face and then his whole body goes floppy and he starts making snoring relaxed noises even tho he's a wake and his head and eyes will fall and it's the cutest thing!!!!!!  😭😭 <3 and then when I stop he slowly opens his eyes and then taps his paws on me until I do it again 😂
    When we were saying bye to J at the airport, my dad had tears in his eyes, not sure who's gonna miss her more 😂😂 
    I saw this cute dog on the tube on Friday! <3
    Housemates parents made us cake. Every Sunday they bring us homemade cake!
    Earlier I was at home on the sofa. My cat jumps on too. She climbs onto me and sits on my boobs. And she gave me a little kitty kiss. Usually she would try and bite me.
    https://youtu.be/BbPm3pVNvhE

The feels 💜💜😭😭😭
    Just got home from school and my cat realised that I was feeling sad so she jumped onto me for a cuddle and to rub her scent on my phone.