Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Random Anxiety

NitwamNitwam Posts: 19 Settling in
edited August 2019 in Health & Wellbeing
Hi

So i get Random periods of Anxiety and panic, this could happen at home or at work. At first i thought maybe i was having a heart attack and ended up seeing my GP who ran some tests including an ECG which came back with nothing wrong with me. But im still really worked up about this. i was refered to get a 7 day heart rate monitor which i have the wear for the full week and this has really scared me and caused me to feel very anxious and stressed, like what if i have something wrong with me that the GP couldnt see and thats why i was refered. I will get random chest pains and a bit breathless at times which also sets me off getting anxious about the posibility of a heart attack. My anxiety got to the point with thisn that i ended up quitting smoking and exerciseing (which is good for me) but i still feel the same. I know its likely all in my head but it really effects me most days. 

Im not sure what to do as im not usually an anxious or scared person but ive felt like this for over a fortnight

[moved from Change The World by moderator]
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey, I'm really pleased to have you here :blush:

That must feel really unpleasant for you, I'm sorry to hear you're having to experience this x

Have you been through any stress at all lately? Or had any other emotional problems?

We're all here for you if you ever need to talk :heart: 
  • NitwamNitwam Posts: 19 Settling in
    edited August 2019
    @Kathryn

I started a new job not too long a go so maybe that has something to do with it but im happy with my job and it doesnt really stress me out often. I cant seem to figure out my anxiety trigger and it scares me a lot. 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy & welcome!

i can relate to this & it's really awful and frustating feeling. And I have been going to see my gp for breathlessness & tight chest. The tests they did on me was chest x Ray, blood tests and lung function tests - nothing shown up on that so they also told me it was panic attacks that are random and gave me anxiety pills. Have you had all these tests ? As sometimes like things like anaemia can cause breathless. Glad you're still seeing your gp about this and I hope they can help you whatever the cause. <3
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited August 2019
    Thank you for the reply @Shaunie

I have only had an ECG, pulse and a blood test but am having this 7 day heart rate monitor soon so im hoping that will help me to calm down and prove nothing is physically wrong. I'm just a bit scared about it and not very keen on doctors/hospitals
    It does sound really scary and horrid :heart:

It sounds like a vicious circle, you're experiencing anxiety that makes you scared there's something wrong with you, which is making you even more panicked. Is that true, or is it different?

If the heart monitor doesn't show anything (which I'm sure it won't), do you think your GP could prescribe you medication or refer you to somewhere for this? Like Shaunie said, I really hope they can offer you some help whatever the case x
    @Kathryn Yeah its like a constant loop of anxiety and panic over my physical health (particualy tiny pains in my chest), ive started going on walks and runs to help myself but it doesnt seem to be doing much. I'm hoping the heart rate monitor will prove there is nothing wrong with me and im also gonna see my GP about how im feeling to see if anything extra can be done for this. Its been affecting me quiet a bit and not only worries me but worries my partner who i live with as she doesnt like to see me like this. I wanna get better for me and her. 
    I've gone through similar things sometimes - it's a crap loop to be in.

It's understandable it's affecting you and that you want to get better for both you and your partner, sending love x

I'd love to hear how you get on with the heart monitor and in general, keep us updated if you want to :smile:
  • dogmad20dogmad20 Posts: 152 Helping Hand
     I’m going though this right now and have posted my own thread to get support 
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hello and welcome to the mix!

Firstly, well done for reaching out for support here and i'm sure that you will find some good advice :) I understand how you feel and you are not alone in this, its good that you have started to go on walks and runs as that can really help in the long term, even if it doesn't feel it at the moment  <3

You sound really determined to seek support and help yourself which is amazing and takes a lot of strength!

I hope that you gain some peace of mind from the heart monitor, and definitely let us know how you go on with that. I do recommend to keep in contact with your GP regularly, cause they may be able to help you further. I am wondering, have you had any counselling or therapy? as this could be an option for you if comfortable?  :)

Butterfly x

@Butterfly23

Ill let you know, not getting it for a couple of weeks as there is a waiting list. Just wanna feel myself again and never have to worry or get worked up over things like this. Its been a struggle and still is. Its nice to know im not alone but i still feel alone about it sometimes as those around me dont understand how i am feeling 
    Hey,

I understand, when we feel anxious or any emotion that we haven't experienced before it can cause us to feel like we have lost ourselves a little bit, it's important to remember that you are still you and just because you feel this way it doesn't define who you are.  <3

How are you feeling today?  :)

Butterfly x
    @Butterfly23 feeling a bit better today. Was at work and pushed through it very tired though. Thinking of seeing my GP Monday to see if they can help me in anyway
    It's good to hear that you are feeling a bit better today!

I think seeing your GP on Monday would be helpful, definitely let us know how that goes for you  <3

Butterfly x