Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

need a chat, I have Gastroparesis so I can’t eat/drink and my fam are abandoning me because of it

JaziMarieJaziMarie Posts: 1 Just got here
I was kicked in the knee in school when I was 16, I’m now 23 and have had over 30 operations, there’s been a lot of complications and I now have a feeding tube which I also have to put all my meds through which includes morphine and fentanyl on a daily basis. But my family are starting to abandon me because of it. I end up in a&e multiple times a week projectile vomiting fresh blood and even choking on the blood. I have some of the top surgeons in the UK trying to help me but it’s just so complicated. I’m starting to lose hope and I just don’t know how to hold on and get through this on my own. I started googling and found some of these chat boards and reading some of the entries it seems like some of you may just need someone else to talk to, someone out of your family who will understand. Please feel free to speak to me, I could really do with the company, please??
Jazi x

Comments

• dancertoridancertori Posts: 127 The Mix Convert
    hi Jazi,
    i have gastroparisis and other heath issues too. im here for you.
    Tori x
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    I've been on this board an awful lot lately. I'll endeavor to reply whenever I can, which is often :) sorry to hear about your health issues too. Sounds like a shitty situation to be in that you just don't deserve 
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey!

Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing with us 💗Personally, I haven’t had experience with Gastroparisis but I hope that you will be able to find some advice and support here for it! 😊 and feel free to keep talking to us.

Hope you are okay,

Butterfly x
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy welcome!

You seem like a strong person. That sounds like so much to go through everyday & can hear you're starting to feel isolated?  We are here for you and you don't have to go through this alone. We do understand that sometimes speaking to someone that's not in your family can really help. We're all listening 
    <3 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • alice123alice123 Posts: 88 Budding Regular
    edited July 2019
    Hey @JaziMarie

I just wanted to say well done for reaching out. It sounds like you are going through a lot right now and I wanted to let you know that we are here to listen to you whenever you need. It can often be really helpful to have people who are external to a difficult situation who can listen to you without forming opinions. 

Did you want to speak more about the Gastroparesis and how facing it is making you feel?

Sending hugs <3
  • SebJSebJ Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hey that sounds really tough, and really unfair your family are treating you badly. Not sure if it applies but if you're needing help have you looked into getting social care or nhs continuing care support?
  • Maddie05Maddie05 Posts: 56 Boards Initiate
    WELCOME! 

YOU ARE SO BRAVE! SO STRONG AND MIGHTY! KEEP GOING! And your family are a piece of sh*t (sorry about my language, I'm angry!) if they are leaving you because of that! If I had all those complications like you, my mum would be there 24/7! Your family don't deserve someone so special and rare! ❤

Keep fighting! YOU DEFINITELY DESERVE TO LIVE! YOU WERE BORN A WARRIOR! ❤

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! WE ARE HERE FOR YOU IF YOU NEED A CHAT! ❤❤

- Maddie, 13