Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Bullies- A Poem

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
Try and not get too emotional whilst reading the poem. It is in a spoiler due to the content. 

Your words hurt worse than violence
They might seem funny to you
But they aren't for me
They feel like thorns digging into my head
They hurt me mentally
You can't see that
But I can certainly feel it
Stop and think
Would you want to face this?
Would you want to avoid school?
Would you want to cry a lot and be lonely?
Would you want people to run away from you?
Would you want to spend break alone?
And lunch usually the same?
The answer is hopefully no
Then don't be a bully
People die from your words and actions
Nobody wants to die
They don't want to be bullied
There is support out there for victims
Bullies suffer a hard time too
And I understand that
But it is no excuse
Stop and think
Be a friend
Not a bully
Speak up
And don't stop until you are heard!

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    This is a lovely poem @Kasa2103 <3

Sending you a big hug, I'm so sorry you're going through this <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Aife said:
    This is a lovely poem @Kasa2103 <3

Sending you a big hug, I'm so sorry you're going through this <3
    Thanks so much. I am used to it so don`t worry about me. I don`t even know why I bother going to school anymore.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey there @Kasa2103 just wanted to echo what @Aife said that it's such a lovely poem it really expresses your feelings well. Is there anyone you feel you can talk to at school or in your family about all the bullying? It might be helpful for you to talk things through with a teacher and see what they can do to put a stop to it.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey Kasa,

Really well wrote poem you have done there, I can really empathise with a lot of that as I’ve been through it myself 💗 it’s not a nice thing at all ☹️

Just reminder that you don’t deserve it, you haven’t done anything wrong, there’s nothing bad about you that’s made people behave this way towards you and you are 10x the person that they are 💗

Hugs,

Butterfly x