Post of the month - June
It's time to vote on June's Post of the Month winner!
What is Post of the Month?
For those of you who aren't familiar with Post of the Month, each month you can nominate threads and replies you've seen on the boards. We then put up a poll and the reply with the most votes wins Post of the Month.
Here are the nominations:
1. @kathleen0172's reply in 'Rape counselling/emotional support'
2. @Shaunie's reply in 'I'm getting bullied. Does anyone have any advice?'
Thanks for sharing.
That does sound really horrible for you. I can't say I understand how that must feel. It's a really awful thing to go through and can only empathize with how must feel.
I just wanted to take time to highlight how brave it is to seek help on here and show you are a strong person and have lot of resilience to go to school when there are people bullying you. . I really hope you are able to hear that more than the horrible names you get called.
In finding way to build you confidence can be things like finding your uniqueness. I know you have a lot of hobbies like skating and gymnastics, and that's all so good and should be proud of that. Shows you're active and talented. Would you agree?Does anybody have any ideas of how I can boost my confidence
Sometimes it's about becoming our own best friend. And being assertive with knowing your rights and that's to be treated well.
You may find this info helpful (hopefully can read that)
Do you have a safe place you like? Like some people like the beach, woods, place with good memories ect. And when they feel unsafe they try to visualise it in their mind thinking about all their senses, what they see, hear, feel etc. For some people doesn't work but some people love to do that. So just wanted to say. As maybe could help to feel safe in mind. And I know someone who loves the beach so always has something blue with her to help her visuals her safe placefeel safe while around these horrible people?
We are all here to listen cause you're definitely worthy of that time & support - not being bullied.
3. @BubblesGoesBoo 's reply in the 'I need a hug thread'
4. @Butterfly23 's thread 'Sometimes all you need is comfort (read if you’re struggling 💗)'
I’ve struggled the past few days... wondering why I’m on this earth, many questions regarding the past and so on. My depression and anxiety was ready to take over, the thoughts were spiralling out of control, as was I and yesterday it hit rock bottom.
However, I got through it and so can you! Just because everything seems impossible it doesn’t mean you can’t fight 💗 just thought I’d share a few things that helped me last night to stay safe and wake up feeling (bit better) and willing to do everything I can do beat this.
1. I used the website called “I feel like shit” and it takes you through a range of questions for self care to help you to feel better within your body. Stuff like “have you drank anything in the last hour” self care doesn’t have to be having a bubble bath sometimes it just needs to be feeding yourself or drinking enough water. — this already made me feel better, as I felt physically well which gave me more strength to fight the thoughts.
2. Comfort, I went downstairs and sat with my mum for most of the night, grabbed my fluffy throw (which btw if you haven’t got one you are missing out) and watched soaps with a massive bar of chocolate. Although she didn’t know how I felt it was the company and safety that I needed to whether or not she knew I was struggling that didn’t matter.
3. Support, I contacted the mix crisis messenger and talked things through, giving me the calmness I needed to clear my mind and think about things more rationally.
4. Gratitude, when we are really struggling it’s hard to find things that we are grateful for as we can lose this within our thoughts and feelings and perceptions of the world. I used the app “ Grateful” and added in something that made me smile and some other things.
5. Meditation, I used a app called “Breathe” which asks questions on how you are feeling and gives you relevant meditation exercises, these are usually less than 5 mins so it isn’t as hard in situations where your particularly anxious for example. It helped me to just stop and think about my body and my breathing, tranquility and calmness was upon me.
6. Lastly, I believed and I fought and that is why I am here today. This is why we all are still here today on this earth. We all have purpose, even if we can’t find it when we are struggling. It’s important to remember that hard times do pass just like the hours do and if to get through a time you need to take it hour then do so!!!
I hope this helped some of you even just one of you.. take care 💗💗
5. @coc0mac 's reply in 'Really concerned about my boyfriend'
I can really hear you are feeling worried at the moment; and it seems this situation may be even harder as this is a difficult time of year for you. I just wanted to say that you have shown strength by being open and talking about this, so that's something to feel proud of. And you did the right thing by letting us know - we are here to help you through this.
One thing I really want you to know is that it’s not your fault. I completely agree with @chubbydumpling, so I just wanted to reinforce this. It can be really upsetting when people come out and get a difficult reaction, but that is something for his parents to resolve in themselves. The very best thing you can do is just let your boyfriend know that you are there for him. I understand it may be difficult to talk without his parents monitoring it at the moment, but as long as he knows you are there for him, that’s a great help.
It can be really difficult to talk about how we are feeling, and I can see you don't feel you can put it into words. I will say that talking about our feelings is always one of the very best things we can do - but there is also no pressure to do so straight away. You did so well to talk to your mum before, and if you need some time to feel ready to speak again and to better understand how to express your feelings then that is absolutely okay. If you would ever like some advice in talking to others then we can always support you with that. But the main thing is that you feel safe and supported.
You mentioned when you spoke to your mum before your thoughts "flask forwards" leaving you in a terrible state. I was wondering if you could tell me a little bit more about what you mean by this please? Always remember that you and your mental health are so important; and you never need to go through times like this alone. We will never judge you for anything you tell us - so if you ever would like to talk more, we are here for you.
However, it is great to hear that your boyfriend seems to be in a better mood today. It’s really great to see how much you care about him. Always remember to care for yourself too Take care x
Remember to keep a look out for posts to nominate this month. You can nominate a post by flagging it, selecting Report, and then choosing 'Post of the Month nomination' as the reason.
Aife & the team
Post of the month - June 10 votes
If you would like more information on using the discussion boards, ask at the Help Desk, check out How to use the discussion boards, or send us a private message.