Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

July photo challenge

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Related image

Hey everyone,

It's time for our July photo challenge! Click the spoiler below to see this month's photo themes :) 

1 July - Canada Day
2 July - This could be an album cover
3 July - Your favourite colour
4 July - Red, white & blue
5 July - Something yellow
6 July - Balloon
7 July - Best part of your day
8 July - A must-have item when it's hot
9 July - The number 9
10 July - Your pick!
11 July - Throwback Thursday
12 July - Bunting
13 July - Postcard view
14 July - Petal
15 July - Zen
16 July - Handwriting 
17 July - Emoji for World Emoji Day 
18 July - Favourite Nelson Mandela quote (for Nelson Mandela International Day)
19 July - Favourite time of day
20 July - Water
21 July - Summer is...
22 July - Self-care day
23 July - Something that motivates you
24 July - A highlight from your day
25 July - Your favourite hobby
26 July - Nighttime routine
27 July - Morning routine 
28 July - Something new
29 July - Your favourite place 
30 July - Friendship (for International Day of Friendship) 
31 July - Something you're proud of this month

I hope you enjoy this challenge! Post your photos below :) 

If you're interested in getting involved in some of the fun things we have going on at The Mix such as suggesting some photo themes for the next challenge, a weekly challenge idea, or writing something for the newsletter let us know over on this form.

Have fun!

Aife

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Day 2 - this could be an album cover.

*sad story alert* (and a bit of history 😂)
    That wee white thing is the figurehead of a vessel that made a navigation error and crashed Into the rocks, when the figurehead washed ashore it was erected overlooking where the vessel sank as a memorial.

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Day 2 

Two trains under one roof, Taken at St pancras by an friend when coming back from France 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru

Day 2. 
    My no tie shoelaces. I don't know I feel like this could be a real good pop punk album cover or that might just be me 😂 I'll edit it hang on 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Haven't slept so it's still the 5th for me 😂 something yellow, my happiness jug the nurses made for me (at 4am 😂) and put positive things about me in it to get me started 😊💕 

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Day 4 and 5

My pride tot bag and on that it has yellow, but also my red, blue and white if you include my trainers

Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    Haven't slept so it's still the 5th for me 😂 something yellow, my happiness jug the nurses made for me (at 4am 😂) and put positive things about me in it to get me started 😊💕 

Aww thats nice of them 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,783 Master Poster
    1st- Fireworks
    2nd- Year 8 Drama/Dance Show Girls 2018
    3rd- So so so hard to choose but probably gold or purple
    4th- Parts of my uniform
    5th- Minions
    6th- The pink one my counsellor blew up and wrote a positive message on for me :)<3
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Anyone who knows me should know i have a massive fear of balloons. I did have a good picture of the dog bursting a balloon but for some reason it doesn't sit well on the site (also camera quality was terrible) So I've had to google as me buying a balloon would never happen. The mix colours (plus green) in a balloon. 

Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    Here are some actual balloons. They even have The Mix colours on!
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    A must have item when it’s hot ...... a pair of smiley face Converse 😂

Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.

i love them, do they have them in UK size 12?
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    davcr0ck said:

i love them, do they have them in UK size 12?
    @davcr0ck ummm I don’t think so becuase there women’s and I’m sure schuh only goes up to 8 in women’s 😩
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    A nice English breakfast tea while sat in a amazing air conditioned costa

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    Your pick- ive been helping my sister paint her room teal. I just think the colour is soo nice!! plus with gold stuff & mustard cushions. Is the colour i wanted my room but apperntly my rooms too small for it and she said it first so i couldnt, yet shes taken a lot longer to paint her room haha. Still need to fix the edges of the walls. I hate painting but i do love after & home stuff and decorating 

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Your pick - I'm watching gobblybox on the TV 
    Throwback Thursday - 11th July
    I'm sure we all have moments with sweets, where we throw lots of different types in a bowl and eat them 
    I've got a packet of chocolate and crispy m&ms in one bag 

Throwback Thursday, to this time last year when I was in hospital and asked my friend to bring in the essentials, meaning clothes/toiletries and she brought me this instead, wasn't complaining though 😂😂 

12 July - bunting up in my village for the fair next weekend

(After googleing what zen meant) 15th - zen
    My interpretation of it today would be something I find relaxing, for me currently playing minecraft or train sim seems to be working a art at the moment, so hey minecraft 

7th July- The time I am allowed my phone after  school to use the boards. And group chat.

8th July- Ice Lollies!

9th July- 999

10th July- Favourite YouTube channel- Grace's Room.

11th July- October 2018 to the cheerleading squad doing the baby shark abs conditioning. Oh and December 2018 to my head teacher dressing up as Santa and doing really funny jokes and a performance. Or even 24th March 2006- when I came home from the hospital for the 1st time. It is a short time but hospital is horrible for me.

12th July- Usually the door of my dance teachers office. 😂

13th July- Dartmoor! Or Lanzarote! Both places are highly recommended. Oh and Budapest. Recommended if you like turkey and cinnamon rolls.

14th July- The tree I always cry under at lunchtime if I am not in the library, sen club or toilets.

15th July- If you mean to do with something relaxing- Lanzarote.

handwriting

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Image result for nelson mandela  courage quote
    Nelson Mandela quote <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Day 16- Handwriting

Day 17- 🙈
    Day 18- First discovered this quote in my form room/old Spanish room.

If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.
    Favorite time of day - currently coffee time 😂 about the only thing I can look forward too lol 

• AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Summer is/equals cake and labradors! Cake is called Carl and the dog is Annie

Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Happy birthday @Abigail! Love the caterpillar cake! <3
    19th July- 8pm on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays because you can guess why. 6:30pm on Fridays because of gymnastics. 10pm on Saturdays as I get sooo tired.

20th July- Something very precious that is a human right which everyone deserves. Clean water is deserved by all people everywhere in the world. 

21st July- Sleep all morning and stay up until midnight on the boards and YouTube!
    Happy birthday @Abigail
    Enjoy your awesome day with your cake, dog and The Mix! :)
    Summer is having a coffee and smoke in the sun, wrapped in a blanket cause it's Scotland so never warm 😂