Home Help Desk Bugs and other issues
Fill out our Discussion Boards user survey for a chance to win a £50 Amazon voucher, to shape our services, and get closer to earning a badge!

Can "dismiss"/delete pinned topics but nothing else

ShaunieShaunie I’m alive but I’m ✨dead✨England 🏠Posts: 11,005 An Original Mixlorian
edited June 2019 in Bugs and other issues
Would you ever change it that we can delete any topic we like - if we was to find it triggering ourselves. (Not saying i want to do that right now im just wondering if would ever be a choice)

It says "dismiss".which means delete the post from my account(?)And i think i did delete one of those pinned cause im sure there is suppose to be three pinned up there ah. (Not on purpose) 

Im just wondering why is it only an option for those posts?
𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐒𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝. 💕💕

Comments

• The MixThe Mix The Mix HQPosts: 2,571 Staff Team
    Thanks for mentioning this @Shaunie.

So dismissing the post doesn't delete it, but un-pins it for your account. That's why you can only for announcements and not other threads. If you scroll through the forum back to when it was last updated, you should still be able to see posts you've dismissed - is that the case for you?

This is a weird one, though, because we just did some testing and it doesn't seem to work properly. I think the way it's meant to work is you can dismiss an announcement (e.g. if it's no longer relevant for you), but in theory re-announcing it for us should pin it back to the top of the thread until you dismiss it again. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

We're looking into it now and will update this post when we figure out how it's meant to work/whether it's bugged. :) Good spot.

Mike & the team
    We're @Mike, @Connor, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
    Shaunie