Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

no clue :///

hannahxoxohannahxoxo Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
hi again! okay so its the easter hols and school is in three days. the first week was good, i made plans with my best friend and i went to london with my mum. but the second week ive tried to focus on just revising (exams in two weeks :(((( ). its been going well and i wasnt that bothered about having plans but my best friend who i was with last week has made plans with two other people since we last hung out. shes not leaving me out or anything bc we never planned anything anyways and she didnt start these plans in the first place, if i asked her to hang out shed say yeah. thats not the problem its jsut the fact that shes really the only person id hang out with out of school. i have friends but id feel awkward asking them to hang out. my best friend is the type of person who everyone loves so she gets asked but i never do, im the one asking. i dont know its just something that kind of bothers me. it does make me feel lonely and with school ending soon i know noone will keep in contact with me but loads of people will with my best friend. i guess i am kind of jealous i just dont know. maybe i just need to suck it up and reach out to people myself but i hate always being the one to do it you know? if anyone has any words of advice maybe like i dont worry about that right now thatd be great haha xxx

Comments

• Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey!

Aww, sorry to hear this buddy, I think it's understandable that it makes you feel lonely and jealous <3

And you seem very nice and cool, so I'm surprised that no one ever asks you. I don't suppose you've noticed anything you could be unintentionally doing which could make people not ask? - for example, maybe you often seem distant or in a rush, and they don't want to bother you. Or perhaps if you ask to hang out fairly often, maybe they just expect that you'll ask, so they don't bother?

Though it feels to me like that's not the sort of thing going on here <3

i have friends but id feel awkward asking them to hang out.
    Do you know if there's any particular reason you'd feel awkward? Like, you feel worried of a bad response, or that you seem desperate for company, for instance?

I get how you hate always being the one to ask. I can imagine feeling pretty isolated if I was in that position <3
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy!

People who are what seems to be the one people like the most. Is because they are usually because they have made the effort to those people in the past... asking them to go out first. And when first to ask people start making more effort with you ect and never a bad thing and shows effort. But never should feel like youre making the only effort and two way thing. If theyre your friends they should be all open up to the idea of meeting outside of school

hope youre okay today.  
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley