Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Keeps telling me im logging in too much

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Is there a way to fix that because its quite the deterrent ah:///. Making me feel bad for using too much and sometimes it wont let me sign in at all cause its saying that.  but it keeps randomly logging me out when trying to write a post and says "perisson" problem or whatnot half way through writing a post sometimes because its obvs logged me out and dont have permisson to be on that account if makes sense. so have to log back in more times so maybe causing that too as well as because im just on here a lot and its making me feel bad 
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    That is very strange shaunie - I just wanted to reassure you tho and say you don't come on here too much. I log in a few times a day really to check everyone is ok. x
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    That is very strange shaunie - I just wanted to reassure you tho and say you don't come on here too much. I log in a few times a day really to check everyone is ok. x
    ^^ :)

Just to echo what @Jellyelephant said @Shaunie, it's not really a thing to come on here too much. The boards are here for anyone to use as much as they like; the more active people are, the more life it gives the community, and that's never a bad thing. :)  

This error message is probably because there's something dodgy going on with the login process, and it's registering you trying to sign in too much within a specific time. It doesn't mean you are, it means there's a glitch somewhere that makes the system think you've tried multiple times in quick succession, and so it tries to stop you (probably because it unhelpfully thinks you're a robot or something!).

We've noticed this too and it's on our radar. But rest assured, it's not a comment on how often you're here, it's just a technical thing - you give a lot to the community and we'd never want to limit that. :)

Mike & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited May 2019
    Thanks. I thought if just let you know this seems to be getting worse. A lot of today - i have been wanting to write on a spefic thread so i go to log in and everytime i have been clicking on a thread it logs me out and cant write. And do that for ages/few times til i could comment. Then because it kept loging me out i kept loging back in and kept saying i am loging in too much
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    Thanks. I thought if just let you know this seems to be getting worse. A lot of today - i have been wanting to write on a spefic thread so i go to log in and everytime i have been clicking on a thread it logs me out and cant write. And do that for ages/few times til i could comment. Then because it kept loging me out i kept loging back in and kept saying i am loging in too much
    Thanks for the update @Shaunie. :) We're still looking into this one, but it's useful to know that it seems to be getting worse. This must be pretty frustrating so thank you for bearing with.

Mike & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    I've also moved this to Bugs & Glitches. :)

Mike & the team

Just bumping this to ask what browser and device you're usually using when you get this message @Shaunie? Same with you @millie2787?

Mike & the team

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited June 2019
    @The Mix . I have a IPhone and use safari and pretty sure it’s the same for @Shaunie aswell 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    @The Mix . I have a IPhone and use safari and pretty sure it’s the same for @Shaunie aswell 
    Yeah