Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Poem (part 2)

Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
Hey <3 I'm trying to write some more at the moment (see my first thing here). I thought I'd share this poem that I wrote after my dog, Dougal, was put down in 2017. He was such a silly and gentle dog with black fur and floppy ears. I had him since the moment I was born. I miss and love him. I hope he's in heavenly peace now <3

This is just a poem, unlike the first one I shared that I may/may not turn into lyrics at some point.
--------------

When the time came to say goodbye
I thought about the times we shared
Tears fell like raindrops from the sky
Now my heart can't be repaired

You were the candle in the dark
Now I can't find my way
Our souls have never been apart
Now one wanders astray

When we had to turn out the light
Silent words were spoken between us
I held you close, I held you tight
Now how many sleepless nights?

You were the warmth in the cold
Now I'm lost within the storm
You used to be right by my side
Now I can't break the silence

Stolen life, stolen innocence
We both know I wasn't prepared
The hole you made can never be mended
And my heart can't be repaired

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey @kathleen0172 this is a really beautiful poem you've written about Dougal. It's great to see you writing more <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤