Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

3 Years since section

SkyeIsNotTheLimitSkyeIsNotTheLimit Posts: 86 Budding Regular
Hey,

It's been 3 years since my manic episode resulting in a section. Main reason I hate the 14th Feb so much. I feel odd. Is it weird i sorta miss being ill? I mean I'm happy to be stable but I miss having a mental health team and people taking care of me.I

Eurghhhhh. Wish this day would end already. I feel so lonely.

Skye
I told her once I wasn’t good at anything. She told me survival is a talent

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    It’s sounds like it was a difficult time and I get what you mean having those people around you provided a almost safety net around you ? 

But think of it in a positive way you came out  the other side fighting ! 

Stay Strong ❤️
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited February 2019
    heyy

i totally get you. its been 2 years since i was sectioned for a while.  sometimes it is what you need in that moment - lots of care and someone to take over our life when things are overwhelming and need a break from life and community. Thinking about hospitals trigger me cause apart from fact it reminds me of when i was really ill - part of it is cause  sometimes i want that help now - as sometimes i feel out of control and lonely and cant handle being in the "real" world. Still sometimes miss it & the staff.  but i remind myself being in hospital isnt a life- only good short term and they dont keep people in there forever. We can now only focus on all of the positive stuff of now. and how incontrol you are now. compared to then. 

we all care about you
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley