Have you seen our Good Manners Guide? We've just updated it to include some new info, so do take a look.

World Mental Health day

ShaunieShaunie Hope.less 🌦England 🏠Posts: 2,077 Mega Poster
edited October 10 in Anything goes

It is world mental health day and as any other day - i just wanted a thread where we can all emphasis the importance of remembering to take care of yourself Everyday. And just asking how people are, and that it is okay to not be okay. No one should ever feel ashamed to talk about how their mental health is affecting them. 🌸 <3

I try to practice what i preach, not just today but everyday and today I have asked my sister twice about how she feels. And everydayi am going to find a way to take care of myself. I hope will all do the same

“If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us face, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.” ~ Marvin J Ashton 🌸🌸🌸
FloxyAife*BananaMonkey*AidanThoughtsy

Comments

• FloxyFloxy Port de Sóller Posts: 997 Incredible Poster
    It's jolly good stuff, @Shaunie ; =)
    I'm driven by self doubt.
  • AifeAife Posts: 1,209 Moderator
    This is such a lovely thread @Shaunie! Thanks so much for putting it together :) 
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Lyrical Poster Posts: 4,578 Supreme Poster
    This is lovely :heart:
    " Think ability, not disability "
    " Back then I didn't have anything you needed, so I was worthless, but piece by piece he collected up off the ground where you abandoned things "
    "And all of your words fall flat, I made something of myself and now you wanna come back, but your love it isn't free it has to be earned "

• AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 791 Incredible Poster
    edited October 10
    Today is also emergency nurse day, hug a drummer day, international top spinning day, national love your hair day, international walk to school day, world porridge day, world homeless day, national bring your teddy to work and school day, national handbag day, national love your hair day, national metric day, national pet obesity awareness day, and many more!

It's getting out of hand :joy:

But good stuff you've shared @Shaunie, thank you (:
  • ThoughtsyThoughtsy United KingdomPosts: 189 The Mix convert
    Lovely thread you have created here @Shaunie ; <3
    Very true indeed and awareness needs to be spread about mental health as you never know what is happening in someone’s life. 

Thank you for this thread, it is beautiful! 

Remember, if your struggling with mental health or fighting a battle - your so strong and you can do this. Keep fighting, things will get better just hold on a little longer.
    “Recovery is not for people who need it, it’s for people who want it”