Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

World Mental Health day

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
edited October 2018 in General Chat

It is world mental health day and as any other day - i just wanted a thread where we can all emphasis the importance of remembering to take care of yourself Everyday. And just asking how people are, and that it is okay to not be okay. No one should ever feel ashamed to talk about how their mental health is affecting them. 🌸 <3

I try to practice what i preach, not just today but everyday and today I have asked my sister twice about how she feels. And everydayi am going to find a way to take care of myself. I hope will all do the same

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    It's jolly good stuff, @Shaunie =)
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    This is such a lovely thread @Shaunie! Thanks so much for putting it together :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    This is lovely :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    Lovely thread you have created here @Shaunie <3
    Very true indeed and awareness needs to be spread about mental health as you never know what is happening in someone’s life. 

Thank you for this thread, it is beautiful! 

Remember, if your struggling with mental health or fighting a battle - your so strong and you can do this. Keep fighting, things will get better just hold on a little longer.
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come «