Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hi I’m Tash :)

I’m 24 from London. I often overthink things and bottle stuff up until I burst (usually when I’ve had a drink). I’ve been to therapy for attachment issues that stemmed from my childhood. I lost a loved one when I was at a vulnerable age of 18 and I still don’t think I’ve accepted it. I’ve decided to join this site so I have somewhere to share my thoughts and feelings rather than putting it on my boyfriend, family or friends.

I’m not sure how to use the site so if this is the wrong place for an introduction I do apologise I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it soon. Any tips will be great!!

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey Tash welcome to the community! :)

We are usually rather active it's just its the weekend xo

The site shouldn't take too long to learn and navigate, just click on "sections" dig through the forums And post in whatever your query suits. "what's new" is a good way to find what threads are Being commented on now it's easier to find ranty thread hug thread and fun ones that way. 

Any concerns problems or questions you may have post in the help desk and some memory and mods will get back to you (I believe nobody is in the office Sunday and Monday but members may know the answer and if not you'll great an answer as soon as someone is back) 
    You can find the help desk here: https://community.themix.org.uk/categories/help-desk

Chats run from Sunday - Thursday 
    - General chat for general lighthearted topics and chat about anything from music to memes to food etc it's always a good laugh :)
    - Support chat is for sensitive topics you may need support with or to rant about in a safe space. 
    - Support circle is a small group chat for no more than 10 people. You take it in turns to talk about whatever is on your mind or you can sign up as a listener if you enjoy helping others.

You can find more info on chat here: https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3540898/what-is-group-chat#latest
    The chat announcements are regularly posted in that section.

Sorry for being an info freak 
    Any questions feel free to ask and we're all here for you :) 

Best wishes! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Welcome. You are in the right place to share you introduction:) also in the right supportive safe place/community to seek support & share what feels comfortable with you and we will be willing to listen, try to help & we care. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Hey, Welcome to the mix :) We'll try and help the best we can!
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Hi,
     Welcome to the Mix
    We don't mind if you put something in the wrong place, they get moved by mods if there are any issues so don't worry :) 

"Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy."