Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What's made you feel positive and happy today?

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture

Hey everyone :heart:

So... I was looking back on my discussions on the boards, and I realised I have been posting my Friday thread since 2013, so that's pretty amazing :+1:

But I then looked back over some of the other threads I used to create and it gave me the idea to start this thread back up again..

Basically we can share something that has made us feel happy and positive each day, (or if not each day whenever you feel able to)

I think it's important to even notice the small things that can make us feel good, I reckon it will be cool for the community and if we're struggling we can look back at this thread,

What do you think??

Okay, so I'll start....

Today something that has made me feel happy is knowing I am going to be seeing two of my nephews later on :heart:

Over to you......

Sharing is caring :heart:
" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

Comments

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Today something that has made me feel positive is knowing its under a month before I can see my partner again ❤
    I'm looking at the positive side of it which is I can see him real soon rather than be sad I'm gone.

If I may add more than one,  I'm just feelign overall happy today and positive in general but our neighbors fox has been another reason why I'm super happy :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    edited August 2018
    Something that made me feel positive was I saw something on fb ... 'i wish I had one person that would never leave me' and I realized I had 2, my 2 best friends, throughout the years of my mental health, the suicide attempts and hospital admissions they've never left, only been there to support me through it, while others walked away,  made me realize how lucky I am :) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Laine said:
    Today something that has made me feel positive is knowing its under a month before I can see my partner again ❤
    I'm looking at the positive side of it which is I can see him real soon rather than be sad I'm gone.

If I may add more than one,  I'm just feelign overall happy today and positive in general but our neighbors fox has been another reason why I'm super happy :) 
    Aw Laine, that's awesome. 

Hope you have a lovely time when you see your partner 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    Something that made me feel positive was I saw something on fb ... 'i wish I had one person that would never leave me' and I realized I had 2, my 2 best friends, throughout the years of my mental health, the suicide attempts and hospital admissions they've never left, only been there to support me through it, while others walked away,  made me realize how lucky I am :) 
    Aw that sounds really lovely :heart:

Great that you have such supportive people in your life. 
  • Options
    mdkmdk Posts: 3 Newbie
    Something that made me happy today was snuggling in bed - it was nice and warm. 😊
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Today what made me feel happy is the fact that I had a lovely chat with one of the residents at work today. :heart: 
  • Options
    mdk said:
    Something that made me happy today was snuggling in bed - it was nice and warm. 😊
    Hey, welcome to TheMix,

Thanks for sharing what has made you happy today :heart::+1:
  • Options
    fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    This is really making me smile reading your lovely things about what has made you happy and positive today, love this thread idea. 

Something that made me happy today was getting closer to my mum and feeling really supported after we’ve made up. Also, I felt better today which made me feel positive about recovery and that it’s possible. I now feel there’s hope for me. 

Hope everyone’s okay, keep sharing those lovely, positive moments with us  <3
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Today in Provence I had a fabulously relaxing, chill time. First I visited Cavalaire-sur-Mer to see my cousin and her husband and their teenage children, then Aunt Beth's helicopter landed in their grounds to take me on a scenic flight across Ramatuelle up to her villa in Sainte -Tropez where I lunched in my Aunt's company while her chef treated us. I haven't visited Beth's beautiful place for at least a year, and was delighted that nothing had changed.

Then I flew back to Le Lavandou where Sophie and I are staying the week extending our holiday. Provence is beautiful and this Wednesday we hope to visit those gracious lavender fields that bloom from July into September at the grand old Abbaye de Senanque in the Vacluse district. There I hope to buy a few cases of lush red wine before returning to Le Lavandou.

It's much cooler here than Mallorca which presently is 10 degrees hotter and twice as humid. So far it's been a wonderful holiday, perfect relaxation before my heart op in a fortnight's time. Tomorrow I'm taking Aunt Fiona's children on a fishing trip. Watch out Olly Octopus! :joy:

• Options
    Something that did today was making dinner,  I don't know why but when I cook for people it makes me really happy especially as my mum could just sit down after work :)

Also planning when I book my coach and finding out its just 3 weeks until i see my partner I'm so excited 😍😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Options
    I went to the doctor to talk about my trouble sleeping and some other mental health related stuff and she was so lovely, made me feel so much better. 

I hope everyone’s okay 💖💖
  • Options
    Thoughtsy said:
    I went to the doctor to talk about my trouble sleeping and some other mental health related stuff and she was so lovely, made me feel so much better. 

i'm super glad to hear that! 😊 hope you are doing better ❤ 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Seeing my friend and her little one, lovely lunch and cuddles :heart:
  • Options
    We arrive home to Mallorca and I find all our post neatly piled on the table, our kitchen spotlessly clean, our beds made up with new bed linen freshly ironed and throughout our home every room vacuumed and tidy. This made an enormous difference and the kind lady who did it all is going to put on my permanent staff.

She even prepared us dinner of cold meats and a whacking big bag of oven chips in our freezer!

Made me day!  <3
  • Options
    Laine said:
    Thoughtsy said:

i'm super glad to hear that! 😊 hope you are doing better ❤ 
    Thank you, hope your doing okay too ♥️
  • Options
    As well as I can be thoughtsy x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Laine said:
    As well as I can be thoughtsy x
    Sending hugs to you Laine, stay strong x ♥️♥️
  • Options
    Something that made me happy today was a visit from my friend :) We had a good old rant about life and it was just what I needed after a few shitty appointments.
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    I worked at home today as I was waiting for a delivery... Which meant as soon as I logged off I could cook and relax. I usually feel rushed after work but today I had time to think and now I feel zen :blush: 
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I've helped out on a lot of forums today which always makes me feel more positive :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    It's only 8am and ive already had a good day... my new shoes came! (at half 7 in the morning :'( ) another positive is that im up early for work now haha.
  • Options
    I forgot to tell you my friends that earlier this week, Sophie proposed!  =)

My sweethearted girl had only made us a matching pair of rings, learnt from her silversmithing course and placed a beautiful diamond in each. And then in the time honoured tradition she knelt and asked me to be her wife.

I was overjoyed and accepted! We later saw our aunts and they were happy, too. But we are going to wait, for I have a heart operation and have to recuperate.  Also we have a lot more work to be finished on our private hotel.

The other piece of welcome news is our staff are remaining with us throughout the winter season. Though Mallorca's tourist season closes end of October, many private hotels stay open because during winter, our weather though can be rainy and cooler, is a lot better than the UK's. We have bookings through to February! How about that?  =)

• Options
    edited August 2018
    I got my two best friends back 😁 💖
    I won’t be so lonely and empty anymore. 

Hoping everyone is doing okay and has a good day! 
  • Options
    ld98ld98 Posts: 5 Confirmed not a robot
    Something that made me feel positive today is replying to discussions on here. It feels nice to chat and potentially help someone out.
  • Options
    Waking from a bad dream and not having a panic attack :)

And meeting a lovely Doggoon my outing today ❤

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Accounts are finally finished! And our accountant is happy. Goodie! =)
  • Options
    I went for a run for the first time in a long time since being diagnosed with breathing issues ❤

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    My heart operation has been put forward ti next Monday 3 September. Once it's done and after recuperating, I should feel so much better! I can't wait! =)
  • Options
    SevenSeven Posts: 58 Boards Initiate
    Awww this is really cool! Today I saw a friend I hadn't seen in a while. Simple and small, but fun nonetheless! :P