Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What's made you feel positive and happy today?

2»

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Sorry I've been so quiet on this thread since I posted it. I have enjoyed reading all your replies though, they are making me smile through what is a very difficult time for me at the minute, so I guess something that has made me feel positive is this community, you're all amazing :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Something that made me feel happy was my supervisor telling me they appreciate everything I do for work, like going in at short notice and covering for other people :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I'm having a really bad eating day but instead of not eating at all I'm eating little things mainly crisps but it's something :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Seeing one of my nephew's and looking after him, :heart: 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Coping with my college induction 👌

I don't give myself the credit I deserve sometimes I mean 2 years ago I would never step foot out of the house now I'm doing it everyday and I'm doing it well darn it, I'm eating much better too just feeling really yeah ❤😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• Options
    Something that's made me feel positive was I got through the night without self harming :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    something that's made me so happy! was at the pub last night and someone was saying he's been feeding a stray cat for about a week and showed me a picture, and it just happens to be my dad's cat that's been missing over a month now! she's now home safe and sound :) 
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,032 Boards Guru
    something that's made me so happy! was at the pub last night and someone was saying he's been feeding a stray cat for about a week and showed me a picture, and it just happens to be my dad's cat that's been missing over a month now! she's now home safe and sound :) 

Aw that's so sweet! So happy to hear you found your dads cat after all this time :)<3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Aife said:

Aw that's so sweet! So happy to hear you found your dads cat after all this time :)<3
    Thanks, my dad is so happy and for once he's happy I went to the pub 😂😂
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    What's made me happy today is I finally sorted out my positivity wall  =) it's full of bits and quotes from my recovery friends  <3 cheers me up whenever I look at it :)
  • Options
    Had so much fun making positive quote cards the other week for my recovery buddies and they loved them so I got some more card and washi tape to make more ! Distractions at its finest 👌👌 
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    These are so lovely @BubblesGoesBoo. Such a nice thing to send to someone :) 

Your positivity wall is amazing too!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Your positivity  wall is amazing bubbles! i might try and make one for myself :)

as for me i did have a bit of remorse for not going to college today but it was just two lessons and my hip was killing so didn't fancy the bus.

i've perked though just through sheer thinking that "you know what? i didn't not go for nothing, i can only do my best"
    i'm doing my assignment though which makes me feel positive and as for happy i'm packing my bag ready to go to my partners tomorrow and its just reminded me how its actually happening and i can't wait  <3

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    I’m atucally looking forward to the next CBT group in a few weeks - suprisingly I made 2 new friends and another girl I already knew . We laughed so much I don’t think I ever laughed that’s muched - we laughed so much to the poitnoff we got told off 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ The only awkward thing was one of the clinicians already knew my mum and she was my sister man clinican like 5 years ago so god knows how she rembered her 😊
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    I made my return, hey everyone! ♥️♥️
    I hope your all okay, missed being here but needed to come back. I think a break did me good even though things are really tough in regards to being here at the moment which I will explain in future. 

I am feeling like okay after talking to my best friend Elliana, she is such a positive person and it rubs off on me. 

Hope your all doing okay :) 
    Lauren x

« I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
  • Options
    Aww welcome back @Thoughtsy! It's lovely to see you back :) 
  • Options
    LabraBellLabraBell Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    What's made me happy today is I finally sorted out my positivity wall  =) it's full of bits and quotes from my recovery friends  <3 cheers me up whenever I look at it :)
    I have a similar thing, but it's a wall where all the stuff with sentimental value goes, just above my writing desk. It gives me a boost of positivity to add something to it, makes me think that one day I might be able to look back at this wall, and remember the time when I almost lost it all, but still came through and survived. It's a reason to live for me. 

What do you mean I have to think of an intelligent signature?
  • Options
    fadedangelfadedangel Posts: 263 The Mix Regular
    Aife said:
    Aww welcome back @Thoughtsy! It's lovely to see you back :) 
    Thank you so much Aife, I am very glad I can sneak back  <3

Hope your doing well :) 

-Lauren 
    « I have been through hell but the best is yet to come « 
  • Options
    Honestly getting on my coach home.
    Although it made me sad to leave I get to go back in 3 weeks and see him often 💕 and I've had a lovely time seeing new places to tick off my big travel list, including London which is massive!  Everything is so tall!  Bit of a big city for this tiny seaside girl but nevertheless somewhere new 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

• Options
    pumpkinpiepumpkinpie Posts: 129 The Mix Convert
    Something that made me feel positive today was being productive and getting important stuff done ❤️

Also congrats on your engagement Floxy, wish you both a wonderful future together!

• Options
    Something that's made me feel happy is I managed 6! days in a row at work! Might not seem like a big deal but ive barely been managing 4 days without self harming and ending up in hospital, and 2 months ago couldn't even manage a whole shift :)