Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I think I'm feeling suicidal

2»

Comments

• Options
    EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    You should, even if your family wasn't going though this, its always worth entering a contest if you enjoy writing, I can even proofread it for you :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    Of course only do it if you think it could be positive on your health, if it might be negative then perhaps look for something else to work as 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    JbrokengirlJbrokengirl Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hello! I’ve felt the same so I know how scary and lonely is can be but don’t be scared. Thoughts like your can be controlled as long as YOU don’t let them take over. I’m a message away xx
  • Options
    AshleenAshleen Posts: 108 The Mix Convert
    Eyepatch said:
    You should, even if your family wasn't going though this, its always worth entering a contest if you enjoy writing, I can even proofread it for you :) 
    Thank you so much eyepatch I may have to take you up on that offer!!
    ill be entering the contest tomorrow at school and hopefully I’ll win!! Even ignore I don’t I’ll still have gotten my writing out into the world 
  • Options
    That's great! What kind of writing do you have to do for the contest? 
  • Options
    I have to do a historical writing.. finding out from my creative writing teacher the format I need to write from 
  • Options
    Sounds good :) Let us know when you have a plan and we can try and help, would the writing be fiction or non-fiction? 
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I'm the biggest fool in the world!! 
    Ive started self harming again and can't figure out what's caused it 
    I can't sleep I've lost weight and im still losing cuz I don't eat and I dont know what to do!!
    All i wanna do is die!!!
    Please help!!
    All I can think is if I end it all
     The pain,guilt and hate will go away and I won't hurt anymore and that people would be happier without me around 
    I'm afraid of myself at this point all I can think ate scary things I thought were gone but they came back..but don't want to hurt my family.. But to me its the only way out ,the only escape from pain and hurt ... I want to give up so bad 
    And I don't know what to do to get help or what to do to be me again 
    Post edited by TheMix on
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    edited September 2018
    Well done for continuing to talk things through with us here, @Ashleen. These things are never easy - it sounds like you're really going through it right now but this shows courage. :)

It can be hard to pinpoint exactly what causes things like urges to self-harm or other coping mechanisms. Sometimes we can get very low without there being a clearly identifiable reason - lots of 'little' things can pile up and make life more difficult to get through. Although it's frustrating and can sometimes make us feel a bit guilty, it's nothing to beat ourselves up over.

It would be amazing if recovery were a straight road with no bumps, but the reality is it's more of a twisty-turny (definitely a word) one, and relapse is almost always a part of that. It doesn't make you a fool - it makes you human. Your feelings are valid and it's okay for these things to happen. It sucks, but it's okay.

If you find those harmful thoughts becoming overwhelming and you need some urgent support, Crisis Text Line have a service based in Canada, reachable 24/7. Kids Help Phone are also an option for more general support, contactable via phone or webchat.

Are there any practical things we could talk about that might help you feel a bit safer over the next few days? Is there anything you find can help calm you down in those intense moments, or anything you find therapeutic more generally?

It's awesome to hear about the writing contest, by the way - keep us posted on that. :)

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Nothing makes me calm 
    I haven’t told my bf and I feel like if I tell him things will go down badly he’ll blame himself and I can’t live with that...
    i am beyond upset and lost and confused and mad and feel worthless
  • Options
    TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    Ashleen said:
    Nothing makes me calm 
    I haven’t told my bf and I feel like if I tell him things will go down badly he’ll blame himself and I can’t live with that...
    i am beyond upset and lost and confused and mad and feel worthless
    I hope you're okay. It might be a good idea to tell him anyway. It might be good for you to both work through your feelings together. I'm sure you'll so what's best  <3