Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Post of the Month - July

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everyone,

Congratulations to @Jellyelephant who was June's post of the month winner! You can see her post featured as an announcement on the homepage of the discussion boards :)

Here's July's Post of the Month nominations:

@AzathKelara's thread 'Asexuality (contains sex talk)'
So hey i'm asexual, and y'know, it took me yeeeears to realise that. I think i was 15 or 16 actually when i realised after yeeears of being confused in a hypersexual world.

What IS being "asexual"?

Asexuals don't experience sexual attraction to others. Female, male, non-binary - nope, we're not sexually attracted to any of you, nor anyone. That means we never have the urge to want to have sex with a specific person (which i understand to be a thing non-asexual experience at some point to someone - even if that's a celebrity dream)...Click here for full post.

@AzathKelara 's sunset photos in the 'Weekly Challenge #10'
Sunset...

This is what a sunset looks like in a forest...
aSDMY00.jpg

...And this is what a sunset looks like on the edge of a forest <3
tlpdJsF.jpg

QjcQz48.jpg

@Shaunie's post in the thread 'Hello'
Shaunie wrote:
Hey Jason

Welcome

I get where you are coming from. I sometimes feel the same so you're not alone with how you are feeling.

Hope we can help you feel and be, less alone.

Take care

@Shaunie's post in the thread 'T/W - Crisis, feel like I just mess everything up'
Shaunie wrote:
Hey welcome

I'm sorry to hear of your situation and how you feel. You can talk to us about how you feel. But i strongly recommend speaking to your gp if you haven't already. You can see your gp without your family knowing and never know if they can help til you've tried. But it's not healthy to bottle up your feelings. And definitely haven't done anything wrong.

Comparing yourself to other peole can be quite damaging. Yet everyone is different. Everyone takes different paths and not every one is the same. But you have to focus on yourself and getting yourself where you want to be. Not where someone else is

Take care

@Aidan 's post in the thread 'Relapse of mental health problems'
Aidan wrote:
Hey Lucie,

You say you're still on medication and have had lots of therapy? Maybe it's a matter of revisiting old coping techniques and anything else like that, that therapy taught you?

And Drea is absolutely right! Even someone with everything material that they could ever want isn't insusceptible to mental illness. Any sex, race, age, class; it doesn't discriminate.

You say yourself that your life is good but the problem seems to be in your head?
Gratitude is something I've started practising more; it makes me more aware of and thankful for the good things I have, like a roof and fresh food and the use of my legs. Just little things we usually take for granted, because some people don't have those little things.

How are you doing now?

Vote below for July's Post of the Month and make sure to keep a look out for other posts to nominate for this month.

- Aife
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Post of the Month - July 11 votes

Azathkelara (post 1)
9% 1 vote
Azathkelara (post 2)
27% 3 votes
Shaunie (post 1)
0% 0 votes
Shaunie (post 2)
18% 2 votes
Aidan
45% 5 votes