Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Post of the Month - June

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,042 Boards Guru
Hey everyone,

Congratulations to @horsemad who was May's post of the month winner! Her post is featured as an announcement on the homepage of the boards. :)

It's time to vote on June's post of the month! Here's this month's nominations:

This poem by @Lostsense in the thread The poem spot
Lostsense wrote:
Do not ask me to remember.

Do not ask me to remember.
Do not try to make me understand.
Let me rest and know you're with me.
Kiss my cheek and hold my hand.
I'm confused beyond your concept.
I am sad and sick and lost.
All that I know is that I need you to be with me at all cost.
Do not lose your patience with me.
Do not scold or curse my cry.
I cant help the way I am acting.
Cant be different though I try.
Just remember that I need you.
That the best of me is gone.
Please dont fail to stand beside me,
Love me till my life is done.

@Skive's poem in the thread The poem spot
Skive wrote:
Lucy met a train,
a train met Lucy
The Train was juicy,
the juice was Lucy.

@Jellyelephant's reply in TW: Triggered, relapsing and not recovering
Hey notagain

Just wanted to drop by and say I hope you are okay. Remember a relapse doesn't mean the end of recovery. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and keep fighting lovely girl <3

@liamjoseph's reply in the thread I'm confused
Liamjoseph wrote:
Hi Greg,

The most important thing to remember is this is a completely normal way to feel and you're not alone.

I'd definitely recommend you going with what you feel and being proud of these feelings, after all they define you as a unique and individual person. When you are surrounded by people that may seem to be more confident in how they feel, it can be hard - but there may be things that they are themselves struggling with understanding, after all, it sometimes takes time to really understand and know what these feelings are.

In all honesty, you don't need to tell anyone yet, neither do you need to be 100% sure; there will always be people who will support you as you go on this journey through life. You're 14 and as you get older, there may be more things that you see/recognise and as you meet more people which will allow you to form a stronger belief in how you understand yourself. There are older people than you who are unsure and it's all about trusting yourself - and being proud and happy. There's always people to speak to and once you look back on this in a few years, you'll be proud of yourself and how you've acted.

Keep talking to different types of people as their experiences can really help you, theres honestly nothing to be scared of!

Best Wishes,

Liam x

@Shaunie 's reply in the thread hello
Shaunie wrote:
Hey Jason Welcome

I get where you are coming from. I sometimes feel the same so you're not alone with how you are feeling.

Hope we can help you feel and be, less alone.

Take care

Remember to keep a look out for posts to nominate. You can nominate a post by reporting it and putting POTM as the reason.:yippe:

- Aife

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Post of the Month - June 13 votes

Lostsense
7% 1 vote
Skive
23% 3 votes
Jellyelephant
46% 6 votes
Liamjoseph
7% 1 vote
Shaunie
15% 2 votes