Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

If you had sexual problem who would you turn to?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Continuing on this month topic of sexual satisfaction. A recent study (National Survey of Sexual Attitudes and Lifestyles) has shown that a large proportion of young people experience sex problems. For women, the most common problem was a difficulty to reach climax, Were as for men it was climaxing too quickly. (The grass is always greener on the other side ;)). There is a really interesting article on this topic.

My favorite point from this article was
If we want to improve sexual wellbeing in the UK population, we need to reach people as they start their sex lives, otherwise a lack of knowledge, anxiety or shame might progress into lifelong sexual difficulties that can be damaging to sexual enjoyment and relationships

However the survey also found that 26% & 36% of men and women respectively said that they had sought out help. Just 4% of men and 8% of women had turned to an expert (GP,psychiatrist or sexual health professional) :confused:.

Keeping on this idea I was wondering if you had sexual problem who would you turn to? :chin:

If you had sexual problem who would you turn to? 16 votes

6% 1 vote
31% 5 votes
TheMix or other online help
37% 6 votes
GP or other expert
12% 2 votes
12% 2 votes
Sign In or Register to comment.