Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Post of the Month- July!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Hi guys :wave:

It's that time of the month again, looooaads of nominations this month too! Due to some techy issues at The Site any posts that were nominated in the first 10 days of July were lost, so if your nomination isn't there it might have got lost in the computer!

First up we have this post from the ranty thread
Skive wrote: »
Tiger Balm is good. Be careful with it though - got some on my cock by accident once and it burned like a bitch.
That's Skive's post nominated by BubblesGoesBoo

Next up we have this post by Scary Monster and nominated by Jo7 from this thread.
I'm only gonna quote a bit 'cos it's long, so make sure you go read the rest!
And I don't feel ready for any of it. But generally I muddle my way through. I got home from beinga way with work yesterday, to an empty house, with a pile of washing I hadn't done before I left, and no one to talk to about how the trip had been because I live on my own. It was rubbish. I got a bowl of icrecream, curled up on the sofa with my duvet (cover one I took from parents house when I moved out) and watched crap TV feeling sorry for myself until I fell asleep.

Third we have StrubbleS' post nominated by Indrid Cold in this thread
StrubbleS wrote: »
Look, the whole thing with cheating is as follows. If she really wants to fuck these guys, you cannot stop her. So, your jealousy and trying to control her, later maybe try to limit or forbid her contact with her male friends won't work. She will either resent you, or meet them behind your back. So the best thing is, just trusting her she won't, as she says, as this is a fundamental requirement for a working relationship anyway.

It is not unusual or unfair of her to have male friends. The problem lies within you and you alone. So deal with it by yourself.

So what if someone tries to get it on with her? She is an individual with her own will. She can say "No, I am not interested, I have a boyfriend.". Why would someone else trying it on with your gf be reasons to distrust her?

Next we have this post by *rach*, nominated by me (woop!) from this thread.
*rach* wrote: »
I just want to say that there was such a great amount of peer to peer support going on in chat tonight. It's always really great to read the support and encouragement that people give to each other, and it really stands out :) great job tonight guys :)

Halfway there! :D

Up next is CptCoatHanger nominated by **helen** in the unpopular opinions thread.
I thought this was the unpopular opinions thread? Not the more-of-the-particular-brand-of-homogeneous-liberal-thought-that's-ubiquitous on-TheSite thread! :D

"Immigration ain't a zero sum game
And not all immigration is the same
But your one-sided take is unwise
And owns its part in UKIP's rise"

- Cptcoathanger 2014 all rights reserved

Next is this post by WhispersOfTheHeart, nominated by Jo7 in the hugs thread.
By relapsing, it doesn't destroy the 5 months self harm free you've already done, it will always be there, and it will always be an amazing achievement, and you should be proud of yourself, it's about getting back up, and then trying, and trying, and trying again, because you know you can get to 5 months, and I think you can make that goal again. Were here for you! *hug*

We're getting there!
Next is MikeS with this post nominated by itsjessx in this thread.
Again, I'm not gonna quote it all, take a look!
MikeS wrote: »
You're certainly not worthless or any of that other nonsense you were saying. WOTH is right - everyone has a purpose. It's so easy to feel lost and useless when things get really bad, but "when you hear the sounds of devils, all else is quiet". We focus on the bad and can't see anything else. It's something everyone's capable of given the right mindset, its just a matter of knowing how distorted it is and what you're cutting form your field of view. :) For instance, peoples' love for you on here. I know it's not the same as people physically close to you but its gotta mean something, Tues. Any time I've spoken to you, you've been a pleasure to chat with and I think a flurry of people will agree with me. Nobody is worthless. Ever.

And last but not least, grace's post nominated by yellowseahorse, also in the hugs thread.
grace wrote: »
The positive side of the guinea pig thing: it's likely that your niece and nephew could think that it was a deranged rampaging guinea pig that messed up your arms, so you can foster that belief in them for a while, without telling them the truth. Try not to panic at the moment about the future. At the moment my little niece thinks all the scars on my arms are beautiful; I woke up on the sofa the other day and she was tracing them with her finger. xxx

We got there! Get voting, and let's have even more nominations for next month :thumb:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Post of the Month- July! 12 votes

Skive
0% 0 votes
Scary Monster
0% 0 votes
StrubbleS
0% 0 votes
*rach*
16% 2 votes
CptCoatHanger
0% 0 votes