Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Post of the Month: APRIL

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yo. So JPick *cough* asked me to do this.

HERE ARE THE NOMS.

Broken-Angel was nominated by **helen** for:
Hospitals are always looking for clothes for preemies and others in neonatal care, so that'd be a great way to fill your urge to make baby things :)

I really do sympathise with you, I'm desperate for a baby but I'm putting it off so I can be in a better place when I have one. It is shitty, but you're doing the right thing for yourself and that's what matters. Just focus on looking after other peoples kids, more than anything my personal carer job keeps me going because I'm still fulfilling my desire to care for children but I'm also able to take them home at the end of the day and carry on looking after myself.

Ballerina was nominated by Indrid Cold for:
Ballerina wrote: »
Religion is a personal thing, therefore I don't think it has a place in politics. You don't need to be religious to be a good person and have a moral compass. And being religious doesn't automatically make you a good person

Scary Monster was nominated by Jo7 for:
Things I did when I was pretty much housebound (may or may not be of any use to you):

Learnt classical greek using self study text books - could be extended to something more useful like a modern foreign language, using a teach yourself type book and CD.

Got really good a Sudoku.

Uploaded facebook albums for the last couple of years worth of stuff, and tagged them all properly for the people, and put captions on etc.

Used that going through photos to get some printed to put in frames and on my walls

Also did some similar frames for friends for upcoming birthdays/events.

Handmade cards for upcoming family/friends birthdays/anniversairies (and when I say upcoming, I mean the rest of the year, and maybe the next year too if I came up with two ideas for a card for the same person).

Watched the whole of Greys Anatomy, from Episode 1 Season 1 to wherever it was up to at the time.

Got really good at painting my nails. Generally by painting them, getting bored relatively soon after, picking half of it off, then taking the rest off with remover and restarting the cycle several hours later.

Learnt to make meringues.

Updated my CV - one for brain numbing simple jobs, and one for career type jobs.

Alphabetised my books.

Alphabetised my Films.

Rearranged my books as they looked untidy in alphabetical order.

YouGov surveys - you actually get a tiny bit of money for these, and there are various other survey companies too. These can be quite good for filling time and not completely brain numbing.

Get voting. (And nomming for next month)

Post of the Month: APRIL 12 votes

BA
33% 4 votes
Ballerina
25% 3 votes
Scary
41% 5 votes