Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Post of the Month - March!

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
So now that April Fools is out the way time to get down to business! It's POTM time! Got a fair few nominations this time so here goes :)

Firstly lostangel was nominated by WhispersOfTheHeart for:
lostangel wrote: »
Just because you suffer from depression does not mean that your choices and goals in life should be limited. If you want a family and you feel that it's the right thing for you then don't let anybody hold you back :)

Part of the thread: depression

Next Arctic Roll was nominated by Purple_roo for:
"If you loved me you'd do it" is not BDSM, it is not fetish, it is not dominance. It is manipulation and it is abuse.

He should be listening to what you do like, what you're prepared to try, and he should be doubly listening to the things that you will never try under any circumstances. It's a cliche but it is true that the person on the bottom is the one truly in control; it is your boundaries that are respected, not the dominant person's. When you say no it means no, it doesn't mean "emotionally blackmail me into doing it".

If you're not into the same things sexually and that is an issue for one or both of you, then perhaps the relationship isn't the right one. That's ok, but pressuring you into doing stuff you don't want to do is not ok.

Part of this thread: What are "normal" sex acts?

Third post is from Scary Monster who was nominated by WhispersOfTheHeart for:
What's left is pretty much everything.

It's the high points, that even if they seem a million miles away you know still exist. It's the buzz of being alive and free that you get walking along a beach in the sunshine, or the bite of the wind. It's the grin you get from small kids. It's the satisfaction of finishing something. It's the high of winning a game, the low of losing and the buzz of playing.

It's the brain dead point you reach when you finish a tricky bit of uni work. It's the improvement you make to a patients life, be that by doing clever medicine, or just listening to what they say and making them think you care.

It's the tired muscles after going for a run on the beach.

It's all the little things that make up life. I know they can seem to be a million miles away, or almost impossible to reach - but flick through some old photos, and that might prompt what the good bits look like.

This is part of this thread: What's left?

Fourth is Hellfire who was nominated by Annaarrr!! for:
Hellfire wrote: »
I always considered putting my PeePee into her HooHoo as sex, anything else... not sex.

This is part of this thread: How many people have you slept with?

Almost there! CptCoatHanger was nominated by Scary Monster for:
Using the term "partner" sounds a bit staid and old fashioned to my ears, though I don't particularly like boyfriend/girlfriend either as that sounds a bit teenage. "Other half" and "significant other" can eff right off as well.

Perhaps "person with whom I smoosh genitals?

This is part of this thread: Are you in a Relationship?

This post is by Butterfly123 who was nominated by WhispersOfTheHeart for:
Hey Suzy,

I just wanted to say that the grades you have recieved throughout your education are absolutely amazing! You managed to proved your head-teachers wrong and I truly believe that it's possible you can prove your mum wrong too. You've come this far, and you're doing so well, try not to give up hope.

It doesn't sound like your mum is being very supportive.. have you spoke to your mum about how this is probably making you feel? If not, do you feel able to?

Also, as JPick suggested, is there a teacher you feel comfortable talking to about the work?

Big hug *hug* Keep talking to us, we want to listen :)

This is part of this thread: Feeling lost, scared and upset

I've lost count! This one is by *Bananamonkey* who was nominated by WhispersOfTheHeart for:
Just wanted to say that no matter how bad things get there is light at the end of the tunnel, I know that sounds really cheesy, but I have gone through a really bad stage recently and I didn't think I would get through it, but I have done. With the support from some great people, stares at Helen and Jo... So thank you :)

Also to people who self harm, recovery is possible, yeah there may be some relapses along the way but don't give up.

This is part of this thread: Self harm awareness day: Experts online from 9-10pm to answer your questions

Finally ... This one's by Indrid Cold who was nominated by WhispersOfTheHeart for:
People have allergies to all kinds of things. Food you buy in supermarkets and restaurants does have warning for the most common allergens but of course they don't have a warning for the uncommon ones. That's why one reads the ingredients, which are available in packaged food: You know what you're allergic to and if you see it in the list you don't buy that food (the same can't be said for restaurants, where I've often been surprised by something included in a dish that wasn't described on the menu -but that's a whole different conversation).
One can say then that the same should apply to things on TV: Have an easily accessible list of everything included in that film/episode/documentary. There is one relevant major difference between food and entertainment though: (Almost) nobody would say "Why did you tell me what's in this food? Now you've ruined it for me!" but most people would say the equivalent for a film. Even things that aren't major plot points and strictly can't be considered to be spoilers may ruin the experience for a watcher.
The best solution would, perhaps (I'm not making a point here, mainly thinking aloud), be to have a list of everything as an optional part of what you're about to watch. Somewhere where it can be easily accessible but entirely optional. Perhaps as a page on teletext or something similar? That way, everyone who wants to avoid a certain thing can make sure it's not there. IMDB's "parental guidance" page can be helpful for that and I've used it, but not every episode/film has one.

This is part of this thread: The Trigger debate

All good nominations, And i hope there's this many next Month too!
Keep Calm and Carry on Voting!
' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  

Post of the Month - March! 14 votes

lostangel
14% 2 votes
Arctic Roll
42% 6 votes
Scary Monster
7% 1 vote
Hellfire
14% 2 votes
CptCoatHanger
7% 1 vote
Butterfly123