Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

September- Post of the Month!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, it's that time again! Post of the month nominations are in and now it's up to you to pick the winner!

First up we have My Name who was nominated by Piccolo:
How does a tomboy look immature or angry? Is a happy woman dressy woman? Also barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen?

You want to see angry and awkward, put me in a dress, skirt or anything of the such (haven't owned one in probably 15 years).

From the thread: Tomboys y/n?

Next is Piccolo nominated by Fiend:
The problem with that is that there is a real risk with the parent equating their child's sexuality with that settled relationship and blaming a "predatory homosexual" for stealing their child. There is (at least anecdotal) evidence that in those cases the parents both resent the partner and attempt to end the relationship as a "cure" and it is then even more damaging in the long run when they realise that actually the truth is that their child is gay despite their partner.

It's a mine-field, but the main thing for anyone is to make sure you come out when you're happy, safe and ready

A popular second Piccolo post nominted by YSH, Franki AND Fiend:
Couldn't disagree more. It might seem petty in the grand scheme of things, but we see people here day in, day out, terrified of disclosing mental health issues to anyone (even a professional) in case they lose their job, lose their friends, are labelled a "freak". That fear hasn't just popped into their heads from nowhere, the stigma is real and damaging. It leads people to avoid seeking help, and in extreme cases not seeking help can lead to death.

From the thread: Mental Patient Fancy Dress

Skive was nominated by Baa Ram Ewe:
Had to re read that, at first i thought youd written handjobs.
Im pretty sure this only ever happens when I read YOUR posts.

In response to a Rubberskin post from the thread: Yaaay

Fiend_85 was nominated by Ballerina:
I clicked split the bill, but I also think it doesn't matter, if someone wants to insist, it's no big deal. Obviously, I'm a lesbian, and don't have to worry about penis measuring.

From the thread: Who should pay on the first date?

Another popular post this time by omg hi nominated by nina and piccolo:
:heart:
people often don't understand that you don't have to be depressed about anything specific, you are just depressed and it has no rhyme or reason, but it bloody hurts. hope they sort your admission out soon x

From the thread: Depressed

Miss Riot nominated by **Angel**:
I gave a guy my number today - he hasn't called but heck it made me feel good for all of 2 hours. It's better than feeling like no one will come near me because I walk with a stick/use a wheelchair

From the thread: Positive things you've done for your wellbeing

Indrid Cold was nominated by Fiend:
It always has to be a man paying for a date. Therefore, when it's two men then it doesn't matter -have one pay, split it, whatever. If it's two women they must look around and have a man pay for them, whether he wants to or not.

In response to "how does it work for same sex couples?" in the thread:Who should pay on the first date?

A nomination for Arctic Roll came from JavaKrypt:
Of course it demonises the young. Youth of today, teach 'em some manners, all that shite. Typical Tory Bastard.

As for "voluntary service" if you happen to be unemployed, my view has always been that if the job needs doing it should be paid. If it doesn't need doing then you shouldn't be forcing people to do it. Either way, "voluntary service"- workfare by any other name- is humiliating and demeaning to everyone.

From the thread: National Service Bill in the UK

Rubberskin was nominated by Fiend:
Oh btw, my mate had one fitted and she was fine except when she went up and down stairs. She went back to the GP and it turns out they fitted her with a Slinky :)

From the thread: Copper coil

Finally, Frankipanda was nominated by me:
And what if the way you choose to express your feelings is through sexual acts?

Breaking down sexual boundaries with someone is one of the most intimate things a person can do, ime.

And sometimes it's nice to have a bit of fun with someone.

Essentially, fuck you, Mr Gove. Maybe we should try teaching kids that sex is a normal, healthy part of life, that an active sex life is nothing to be ashamed of, and that there are all kinds of ways to enjoy sex and relationships that don't involve love and are all PERFECTLY OK, as long as they aren't non-consensual, abusive, or unsafe.

From the thread: Forget sexting, send a love poem

GET VOTING!

September- Post of the Month! 15 votes

My Name
6% 1 vote
Piccolo (1)
6% 1 vote
Piccolo (2)
33% 5 votes
Skive
0% 0 votes
Fiend_85