Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Post of the week

Emma_REmma_R Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
It's time to vote for your favourite post of the week. And the nominations are ...

Broken-Angel (in response to Isa_J's thread about a boyfriend her parents disapprove of)
"Hunny, you can be with who you love. I understand your culture may differ to others, but you can make your own choices by law (well you can in U.K anyway) and I'm pretty sure there is no law that forces you to do as your parents say once you are an adult.

Some people do leave behind their parents for a new life. But this is something you obviously don't wish to do. So, if I was you, I'd introduce them to your boyfriend. They will hopefully see he isn't that bad. And besides, if we all only went with someone the same race, culture and intelligence as us what would the world become?

Also, this might be the only life we get- who knows. So live it how you want to live it, and not how your parents want you to. Imagen if you had a child, would you want them to have to hide their boyfriend from you because he was different?
Xxx"

And
AllAmericanRageJunky (from the thread 'my day would be perfect if...')
"If my friend came over with two full meals of Double Fronts fried chicken with mozzarella fence posts, a bag full of weed, and a cat."

You have until thursday to cast your votes!

Post of the week 18 votes

Broken-angel
33% 6 votes
AllAmericanRageJunky
66% 12 votes