Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Text speak

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do people rly uz txt tlk in txt msgs? I ask as it is all over here today. I just use predictive text. It is easier and helps me spell. I have never used text speak nor have I ever recieved a text with text talk in it (unless you count that one time my dad wrote me "2morrow" that was creepy. Had to yell at him, stop picking up tips from your students :p) The only time I've ever seen it done is on the internet. Am I hanging out/texting the wrong people? The bad crowd? I'd actually imagine text typing to me much more difficult. I know I'm not creative enough to figure out what two letters I can use to replace a full word.

Or maybe I am just old. The pharmacist who is only nice to elderly people has been getting friendlier every time I go in :(

Ha, your identies are not safe in this poll either.

Text speak 79 votes

All messages I recieve are in "txt"
1%
Unknown 1 vote
Some are
25%
UnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownDr PirateUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknown 20 votes
None are
18%
UnknownIndrid ColdUnknownlittlemissyUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknown 15 votes
I only use txt
1%
Unknown 1 vote
I sometimes do
16%
UnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownBunnieUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknown 13 votes
I never do
36%
JsTUnknownUnknownIndrid ColdUnknownUnknownUnknownlittlemissyUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownDr PirateUnknown**helen**UnknownUnknown 29 votes