Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The positive side of CCTV

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There's a lot fo negative views on CCTV and monitoring but our society has grow the way it has and held our democracy, kept us free by using such techniques.

FREE FLOW OF INFORMATION

That is democracy. There is a silly delusion circulating society that our freedom is being taken away by security measures put in place to protect us. The logic does not add up, CCTV, monitoring and ssecurity measures keeps us free by adding transparency to everything we AND the government do.

People decide that they've had enough and decide to leave to raise their children in a country where it is more likely something bad will happen and there's not enough evidence to convict anyone.

You know, time and time again we hear testimonials of people saying xxx helped us catch the killer, rapist etc etc How a peadophile was caught by monitoring people etc etc

How many times do we hear what anti security liberals fear, which is how information to help us has caused more harm than good? very very very few, yet people seem to concentrate on this and tales of people who have been actually physically and mentally scarred for life by crimminals have had those people brought to justice with the use of CCTV and monitoring techniques.

I hear people say that they will leave the country because of it, well i won't and i will tell you why......

My cousin was beaten by her boyfriend for the 2nd time outside a club the other week while i was on holiday, thank god they have CCTV, that's another crime CCTV has helped bring a crimminal to justice.

Also on the flip side, CCTV is stopping me from attacking him in public when i see him, because i know i will be caught harming him.

If you feel you want to emigrate fair enough but if you're in danger and there's no CCTV around or ways to track the person who harms you, like DNA records, you're in big trouble.

The positive side of CCTV 28 votes

They helps protect society from crimminals like peadophiles and welcome them
32% 9 votes
i see the usefulness, my issue is i don't believe data is used within my privacy rights, undecided
17% 5 votes
I completely feel my privacy is violated and see no use at all for CCTV and other monitoring
17% 5 votes
I know how monitoring brings crimminals to justice, but i value privacy above, disagree
32% 9 votes