Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Should we ban free newspapers?

Those who don't live in big cities might not be familiar with this recent pestilence, but in London at least we're being inundated with piss-poor free newspapers handed over in very freaking street corner by aggressive/desperate young men and women who only earn their pitiful wage when a copy is taken.

Since the appearance of these publications (of which there are at least 4 fucking different ones in London) the amount of litter and rubbish has increased enormously. Many end up on the floor, and many more on the rubbish instead of the recycle bin.

The situation has got so bad that Westminster council has threatened to ban their distributionon the streets. I say that's a great idea and they should be banned across all areas of all cities.

Those papers are truly awful anyway and the contents can be as high as 70% adverts (no surprise considering they're free). Surely that's an unforgivable waste of resources, trees and energy that's got to stop?

Who's with me?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Should we ban free newspapers? 34 votes

Yes! Down with the fuckers
55% 19 votes
No! I'm too tightfisted/skint to buy a real one
44% 15 votes