Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Easter Sunday Lunch...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right. I'm cooking an Easter lunch for us and a couple of friends on Sunday, and i'm not sure what to do for dessert. For our main course, we're having a roast leg of lamb studded with garlic and rosemary, with a rosemary and port gravy, and all the trimmings.

For dessert, i've got two options. The first one is mini-pavalova, which i'll do with fresh rasberries and blueberries probably, and a coulis of some sort. The second option is for me to do a baked apple and butterscotch sponge pudding, which tastes fantastic. The only downside to it is that it has to be assembled and cooked at the last minute, so when i'm running around doing the veg for the roast, i'll also be 'whipping up' a dessert, which involves a sponge mix, sliced apples and a butterscotch sauce.

I don't know what to do! Do you prefer a heavy, puddingy type dessert after you've eaten a roast, or would you rather have something light, like meringue? I would have thought people would prefer something light, but people at work seem to disagree... I don't know! I would do both, but there are only 4 of us and the sponge pudding isn't great when it's reheated.

Easter Sunday Lunch... 16 votes

Mini-Pavlova
75%
JsTUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknown 12 votes
Apple and Butterscotch Pudding.
25%
UnknownUnknownUnknown**helen** 4 votes