Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Guys: would you take birth control pills for men?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Didn't want to post this in sex or health as I wanted to see if a debate could come from this.

Male birth control pill soon a reality

"For the first time, a safe, effective and reversible hormonal male contraceptive appears to be within reach. Several formulations are expected to become commercially available within the near future. Men may soon have the options of a daily pill to be taken orally, a patch or gel to be applied to the skin, an injection given every three months or an implant placed under the skin every 12 months, according to Seattle researchers.
"

Between my partner and I, the responsibility of contraception lies with me, as my boyfriend does not want to take something that would put large amounts of synthetic hormones in his body. Since I have a coil, I'm not too fussed, but I could have seen it become an issue since I wouldn't go back to hormonal contraception again.

Would you be prepared to take a birth control pill if it became available? Maybe, maybe not? Not even consider it?

I'd be interested to know :D

Guys: would you take birth control pills for men? 24 votes

Yes
41% 10 votes
Not sure. I'd consider it.
33% 8 votes
No
16% 4 votes
Other (please state)
8% 2 votes