Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tesco Car insurance

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can Someone pleae help me, i honstly don't know what to do anymore.

Here is my story:-

My first problem was march last year when i was hit by a car, Tesco had execpted liability because i was reversing, i didn't want to except because i didnt see that it was my fault. This calim went on for a year and ahalf , i had taken pictures and had called them loads of times. The one thing they wouldnt tell me was who the other party was all i was being told was the damage was £700 for a pin prick on the door, which a load of rubbish and i had to pay it (there was a pin prick mark and i have pictures which i had sent them). After a year and a few months i found out that Tesco's was the other party so i made a big fuss and a couple of months later the claim was closed but nobody called me or wrote to me to let me know i found out 2 months after the claim had been closed, when i called them.

On October 17th I was parked and a van reversed into me. The damaged was £850 to may bumper and £250 of my excess. Basically the "other" party has sent the cheques for £1100 to tesco 3 or 4 times but tesco hasn't received them, my file is now missing after i made a complaint with the FOS, the final notice has now just been sent on the 16th May when it was suppose to have been sent 11th April, as my file has gone missing i cant go to court to get my money for the excess and also i have lost my 3 years no claims which i have been told will come back once the other party has paid (my insurance is over £1000 with zurich). The staff are rude one even called me aliar because he couldnt find my file claiming that i hadnt sent any documents when i had been told by 3 members of staff that they had recieved everything, also they claim they are going to call me but they dont.

I have complained to everyone i can think off, Tesco, Fos, i have even written to newspapers - i have don't know what else to do.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Tesco Car insurance 11 votes

GOOD
36% 4 votes
BAD
63% 7 votes