Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Who should lead the Tories?

out of these five contenders...

David Cameron: Young and centre ground. Some say too young.

Ken Clarke: The most popular with the wider public. Some say too old, and his pro-Europe stance could upset some

David Davis: Favourite. A bit to the right, though he himself claims moving the party further to the right would be a mistake

Liam Fox: The Thatcherite right wing ticket. Will appeal to some but be a turn off for many more

Sir Malcolm Rifkind: Appeals for return to one nation conservatism. Counts with little support from MPs

I think the best candidate for the fortunes of the Tory Party would be Ken Clarke, and that as such he should lead them.

As a left winger who don't want the Tories in power however, someone like Liam Fox or Malcolm Rifkind would be ideal though- seeing as the Tories would have just thrown away the next election.

But, choosing the candidate who would be best for the Tories, I have to go for Clarke.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Who should lead the Tories? 22 votes

David Cameron
31%
UnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknown 7 votes
Ken Clarke
54%
UnknownUnknownSkiveUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownTeh_GerbilUnknownUnknown 12 votes
David Davis
9%
UnknownUnknown 2 votes
Liam Fox
0%
Malcolm Rifkind
4%
Unknown 1 vote