Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

does globalisation threaten national sovereignty?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
a fair question i think, given the current climate and with governments hounding the public to adopt the eu constitution, with it's 'stream-lined decision making' from somewhere very far away with unelected MEPs.........so what do you all think? it's not just the constitution it's things like GATS and the 'necessity test', the immense power wielded by NGOs like the WTO and World Bank ties the hands of democratic government, who i believe will eventually surrender more and more power until they are demoted to advisory bodies.........i have just been reading greg palast's most recent book, i would highly recommend it........

ETA: i'm not talking about the theoretical principle of globalisation, which I don't have a problem with, I'm talking about how it's being implemented in the real world today, and where we are heading.......

does globalisation threaten national sovereignty? 15 votes

Yes
66%
SkiveUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownTeh_GerbilUnknown 10 votes
No
33%
UnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknown 5 votes