Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Do you act differently, and awkwardly, when you fancy someone?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, the subject says it all really.
Do you find youself acting, talking, standing, or whatever, awkwardly when with someone you truly fancy. Yet can flirt like crazy and have a laugh with anybody else easily? Is it just me?

I think it's because when I'm not interested in someone, either sexually, or emotionally, I'm not worried about accidentally insulting someone by mistake, or making a fool of myself, because to me it doesn't matter.
However, if it's someone I fancy, then I can never think of anything to say (at least nothing smart or funny). Become tongue tied, talk crap, stand awkwardly, fidget, and generally make an arse of myself. I think it's also because I worry about making an arse of myself and loosing them. It sort of becomes a self fullfilling prophecy.
The only way I can attempt to get around this is to try to keep telling myself that they're never going to be really interested in me anyway, so it doesnt' matter. That only partly works though.

Mr_Wobble ;)

Do you act differently, and awkwardly, when you fancy someone? 31 votes

Yes. I do act differently, and awkwardly, when with someone I fancy.
96% 30 votes
No. I act the same, no matter if it's someone I fancy or not.
0% 0 votes
I didn't understand the question. And anyway, I don't fancy anyone else, only myself!
3% 1 vote