Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Served with High Court claim by VW Motors

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Served with High Court claim by VW Motors

This is truly unbelievable; I have just received a High Court claim from solicitors acting on behalf of VW Motors, over a cannabis leaf T-shirt design!

A few quotes from the reams of bloody paperwork;

1) The display of the ‘Cannabis VW’ logo on the T-shirt is similar to the Class 25 VW Mark and by reason of the similarity of the mark is likely to lead to confusion. [I don’t think so, unless your stupid]

2) The ‘Cannabis VW’ logo takes unfair advantage of the Class 12 VW Mark because it relies upon the reputation of the VW logo in conjunction with the reputation of the VW Beetle for the purpose of selling the T-shirt. [Bollocks, I doubt anyone has purchased a T-shirt on that basis]

3) Furthermore. It is detrimental to the repute of the mark because the VW mark is being used in association with a CAMPAIGN to ENCOURAGE people to use illegal substances such as cannabis. [Bollocks again, the campaign is for legalisation, not to encourage anyone to use illegal substances]

That seems to be the main points, so what should a man do?

image4.gif

Served with High Court claim by VW Motors 4 votes

Rollover & withdraw the T-shirts from sale
0% 0 votes
Ignore them, & give them the run around
0% 0 votes
Fight the bastards, enjoy your day in court & the publicity
100% 4 votes