Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

venlafaxine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey, has anyone used this drug and found it has many side effects? many websites say it causes nausea but side effects are quite limited. ne1 had any experience with it?
thanx for replies

Comments

• Options
    Re: venlafaxine
    Originally posted by miss behavin
    hey, has anyone used this drug and found it has many side effects? many websites say it causes nausea but side effects are quite limited. ne1 had any experience with it?
    thanx for replies

that's efexor, right? the antidepressant?

i had awful side effects with it. i was sick, shakey, pale, giddy, dizzy, restless, headachey.

even worse, when i tried to come off it i had the most awful withdrawal symptoms.

drugs are different for everyone, though, and just cause it affected me like that doesn't mean it'll affect you in the same way.
  • Options
    i`ve been on venlafaxine for some time now and have found it quite helpful for me.. If it doesn`t feel like its helping you it would be best to go on something else ASAP because like kaffrin said the withdrawal could be awful its been known for people completely flipping out & losing the plot when going cold turkey on venlafaxine.
  • Options
    we have a little information here

but really any concerns or problems you are having with medication you should go back and see your GP. Always talk through possible side effects etc of drugs when you are being prescribed them

Go and make an appointment then

Susie :)
  • Options
    I don't beleavie in taking antidepressants as I think they make you worse.. I was once given some and never took a single tablet. I decided to over come depression my self which I did.

Those antidepressants only give you a kick to get you out of that rut your stuck in and I think everyone is stong enough to get them self out of it with help from family, friends and a lot of self motivation.

I would recomend you read:

The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook by Edmund J. Bourne, ph.D.

It helped me out when I was depressed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Those antidepressants only give you a kick to get you out of that rut your stuck in and I think everyone is stong enough to get them self out of it with help from family, friends and a lot of self motivation.

not always true. depression is often down to a chemical imbalance in the brain, and no amount of pulling will get you out.

i have recurrent clinical depression, and when i get down, the only thing that lets me lead a life anywhere near normal is my drugs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    not always true. depression is often down to a chemical imbalance in the brain, and no amount of pulling will get you out.

i have recurrent clinical depression, and when i get down, the only thing that lets me lead a life anywhere near normal is my drugs.

KAffrin right my mam is on bout 30ad pills aday all kinda a shit and its due to chemical imbalence in her brain she had E,C,T the lot
  • Options
    yeah i have the same imbalance and have to take pills.
    However when i'm off them i do feel low but not as low as before all the pills.
    If your gp has prescribed them then take them and if you feel ill after the first 2 weeks (takes time to adjust) then go for a second opinion.