Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Medication change

BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
So yeah, i don't really know how to explain this. After a recent appointment with my CPN, she wants to completely change up my medication, which i'm happy about, cause i feel some of what im on now doesn't work, and can finally come off Mirtazapine after complaining about it for 2 years!! But some of the meds do work and im scared they're going to take me off them. And i know some of them don't work, but im scared that coming off them will make me spiral again, especially when i'm feeling so fragile just now, i don't know how i'll cope. I'm barely holding on as it is and it's such a difficult time for me, like what if the meds are the only thing keeping me going even if it is just a wee bit? i know nothing will be changing for a few weeks anyway but it's still looming over me. She also wants my input into the med change, like she wants me to bring suggestions on what to try which i've never been asked about before and i dont even know what to suggest, like i've been on a cocktail of meds and i don't know whats left for me to try.. I'm just so scared that if this doesn't work they're going to class me as treatment resistant, which has been spoken about before, and i'll be left with nothing. I dont even know what im expecting from this post... i just kinda needed to get it out there...
' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey!
    Not sure what to say but you say some meds work? Can’t you stick with them and only removed the ones that don’t ?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Hey!
    Not sure what to say but you say some meds work? Can’t you stick with them and only removed the ones that don’t ?

i honestly dont know if they'll let me, and that's one of the things scaring me. i know i cant go on like this but is medication really the one way to fix me? and if they deem me treatment resistant does that mean i'll be like this forever? :crying:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • MochanMochan Posts: 65 Boards Initiate
    Hey @BubblesGoesBoo. Thanks for sharing. It's really good that you wrote this so that you could get it out there. It sounds like it's weighing on your mind. Like Shaunie mentions, perhaps there's an option you can discuss to stay with some of the medication which you feel are working for you? It might be worth asking whether you can try the new medication for a short period of time and then see if it makes more sense to return to what you were taking before.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Mochan wrote: »
    Hey @BubblesGoesBoo. Thanks for sharing. It's really good that you wrote this so that you could get it out there. It sounds like it's weighing on your mind. Like Shaunie mentions, perhaps there's an option you can discuss to stay with some of the medication which you feel are working for you? It might be worth asking whether you can try the new medication for a short period of time and then see if it makes more sense to return to what you were taking before.

it is, I'm gonna try speak to them about it but I'm so scared they won't let me, things couldn't get any worse right now. I'm scared if it doesn't work I'm going to get deemed treatment resistant, then ill be left with nothing, I can't bear the thought of living like this forever. I so badly want something to work so I'm up to trying it, but scared if it doesn't work.