Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Really struggling

Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
Hi guys,

I’m writing this while in a really bad place but I don’t know what to do anymore, it feels like my life’s just a mess and like I really really ant to get away from myself but how can I? You know :( I just wish that all this could just go away or that I could disappear and I wouldn’t have to cope anymore. I have been self harming more recently too because it’s the only thing that is keeping me going :( I just need someone to talk to plz

Comments

• starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Hey butterfly. Sorry you feel thing way :(

I don’t know what I can say now to make you feel better but please know that I am always here for you and you can message me whenever you need to talk

Esme x
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey Butterfly thank you so much for talking about your feelings here that's definitely very brave of you.

Firstly I want to say self-harm is a very serious issue and I'm so sorry you're having to cope with something like that. Lots of people find it helpful to talk to a professional when it comes to something so serious, such as your GP or a counsellor. Even though it can be scary to talk about medical professionals have lots of options for you that could help you cope.

You also mentioned that you need someone to talk to and the boards are definitely a great choice for that so hopefully you find it helpful to talk to some of the other users on here. Is there anything specific you want to talk through on here about what's making you feel so bad?

There are also lots of other options out there for you if you want to talk to someone one to one and help you you get support. If you ever feel like you really need someone to talk to you can always turn to The Samaritans https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us since their helpline is open 24/7 for you to talk to. Otherwise you can always chat with other members of The Mix http://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/speak-to-our-team as there are always a lot of great options for you.

I hope you find this info helpful, if you need anything else don't hesitate to ask.

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    @Riley sorry but I don’t want to talk to anyone about the self harm and life is making me feel so bad because it’s made me feel so worthless :(
    Thanks for responding Butterfly.

I'm sorry to hear you don't want to talk to anyone, though I hope you'll keep my advice in mind in the future. Many people find it scary or worrying to talk about their mental health so it's definitely understandable why you wouldn't want to. Is there anyone you do feel comfortable talking to about how you're feeling? Trying to talk through problems can help even if it's just with a friend or family member.

- Riley
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I talk to my friend amount it but she doesn’t really understand why I do it @Riley
    Unfortunately that makes a lot of sense Butterfly, it can be very difficult for someone to understand mental health issues if they haven't dealt with them themselves. That's part of what makes our forums so great, lot's of people helping each other through shared experiences. :) It's also why services like The Samaritans helpline I mentioned earlier exist as their volunteers are usually in a much better position to understand what people are going through.

I really hope you find a solution that bests suits you, even if it's just chatting more with the people on these boards. Remember that there's always a ton of resources out there and people who are happy to listen to what you're dealing with.

- Riley
    Thankyou @Riley