Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dream

Hi
I had a dream that I had an operation and it felt so real like I can remember going through the whole process of them putting the cannula in my hand then later putting me to sleep with anaesthetic.
I know it's just a dream etc but I am actually expecting a letter about an appointment to see a surgeon about an operation.

Comments

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Hey :wave:

it might just be your subconscious worrying about the operation. It's quite normal for an upcoming event to be in our dreams if we think about it a lot :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Hi,

As Bubbles said, it might be a subconscious thing worrying about it. It doesn't necessarily have to be an opporation you're worrying about either. If you don't have an opporation coming up in real life, think about if there is anything else in your life really worrying you.

Dreams can be so scary particularly when they seem so real.

Take care,

Eleanor
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey xRachGurl,

Hope you're doing okay and not worrying too much! As the others have mentioned, dreams can freak you out a bit, especially the ones that seem quite real. I've had moments where I didn't remember if someone actually said something or if I just dreamt it and I was confused for a good 24 hours haha.

Have a great day!

Drea:heart:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey xRachGurl,

Are you still feeling weird about it? I can completely understand, I've had multiple dreams where I was convinced they were real!

I know it sounds a bit weird but if you're still feeling a bit shaken up by it then try some meditating, just to help clear your mind a bit.

Hope you're alright!

Lals :yippe: