Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Butch Butch Bush

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A little social commentary on the man more and more people are finding reasons to hate...

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/08/03/opinion/03DOWD.html?ex=1061173909&ei=1&en=9f0f3a3c8d6efabe

Comments

• Options
    Re: Butch Butch Bush
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    A little social commentary on the man more and more people are finding reasons to hate...

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/08/03/opinion/03DOWD.html?ex=1061173909&ei=1&en=9f0f3a3c8d6efabe

I found that article really amusing. I'm just imagining Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfofvitz (sp?) doing the YMCA! :lol: Seriously though, Bush couldn't get this through on a constitutional amendment could he? What does he plan to do to make gay marriages illegal - all I've heard is plans to "codify" it?
  • Options
    What can expect of the man who claims God speaks to him and tells him to invade countries at will?

Look at his fight against abortion. It is very well to be against it on a personal level, but the man is on a mission to outlaw it completely. Gays, single mothers, left-wingers, Muslims, vegetarians and unmarried couples beware! You are next.
  • Options
    Invade countries at will? how many has he invaded?
    Muslims watch out? what kind of crack are you on.
    I agree that all left wingers should be abolished though. :D
  • Options
    Afghanistan and Iraq, if I recall correctly. That's 2 countries in two and a half years. Considering most countries don't ever invade other nations I would say that's pretty good going don't you think?

Plus 3 other nations that have been served 'notice', namely Iran, Syria and North Korea. In reality though there is little chance of the US attempting to invade N. Korea because Bush hasn't got the balls.

But there are 15 months left to the next Presidential election, so there is still time for at least one more nation. Would it be Syria? Or Iran? I'd say the latter.

And given his continued crusade against anyone who prays in the direction of Mecca and the fact that he has already ordered mass expulsions of Arabs and Muslims in the US, I think Muslims have very good reason to feel persecuted by the Voice of God.
  • Options
    Dear me , the left has got even more hysterical in my absence.

Bush and his administration are out to change the Middle East for the better , Western style Democracy is much more preferable to Muslim Theocracy or secular dictatorship.

As for Muslims being expelled en masse , where is your evidence , please back this up with some proof , and anyway , doing that would be political suicide , even in the US.

Bush will be re-elected again in 2004 , if the Democrats choose Howard Dean as their main candidate , expect a complete republican whitewash - he is far too liberal to become president.
  • Options
    More brainwashing I suspect.

Why is liberal democracy 'superior' to theocracy?
  • Options
    Let me ask you a question , would you rather live in a country with free elections where the people are free to choose their own leader and where you can practice ANY religion without fear.

OR would you rather live in a country where you are forced to practice a certain religion , and are persecuted if you choose to follow a different one?

I suspect that you wouldnt swap the democracy we live in and must fight to defend for a religious autocracy.

Liberal democracy IS a better form of government , how many people here would like to live under an all powerful clergy or dictatorship?

People say that the Arabs dont want a democracy , that they prefer living under an autocrat , bollocks , if it works for us it can work for anyone.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Matadore
    Dear me , the left has got even more hysterical in my absence.

Bush and his administration are out to change the Middle East for the better
    Even the most ardent Bush supporters are happy to admit Bush is acting to protect his interests and those of his allies. I can't really believe you said that.

Bush, and previous US governments before him, couldn't give a flying toss about making the Middle East a better place.
    As for Muslims being expelled en masse , where is your evidence , please back this up with some proof , and anyway , doing that would be political suicide , even in the US.

There you are
  • Options
    where the people are free to choose their own leader and where you can practice ANY religion without fear

Well there ya go Mat, obviously youve been absent from the news far longer than from these boards (though hardly surprising given the trash tabloids you draw your political convictions from), for your quote above is certainly not the case under Bush's New World Disorder, certainly not in the US (starting with his coup d'etat to the present).

Not even in the supposed bastion of Democracy can people freely choose their leader nor practice their religion without fear, Ashcroft is ever vigilant to make sure of that!

And for your information, you know nothing about Dean if your only commentary is that he is "too liberal". Thats nothing more than the label of the Murdoch press talking there. His fiscal policies and his attitude toward big government are definitely conservative.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    Let me ask you a question , would you rather live in a country with free elections where the people are free to choose their own leader and where you can practice ANY religion without fear.

OR would you rather live in a country where you are forced to practice a certain religion , and are persecuted if you choose to follow a different one?

I suspect that you wouldnt swap the democracy we live in and must fight to defend for a religious autocracy.

Liberal democracy IS a better form of government , how many people here would like to live under an all powerful clergy or dictatorship?

People say that the Arabs dont want a democracy , that they prefer living under an autocrat , bollocks , if it works for us it can work for anyone.

So you've been brainwashed into thinking that democracy is all superior.

Only a fool would state that democracy has no flaws. Of course majorities ALWAYS MUST HAVE RIGHTS OVER MINORITIES!!! :rolleyes: