Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

threatre costume

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just a little question really, im studing Art, atm, and hoping to follow with a costume making course, but really want to start making some myself, , does anyone know,

1. where i can get a manikin
and 2. where i can get pattens for costumes as those more in Chicago?

PM me, or reply on here, any help would be good?

thanx in advance xxx

Comments

• Options
    i bought my mannequin (:p) from argos.

they usually sell them, or know where you can order them, in sewing/haberdashery type shops.

as for the patterns, try ebay?
  • Options
    ooh i'm having a Chicago style costume for a dancing show I'm in. But I'm going to make it very simply and cheaply from a black leotard, loads of black fringing, black fishnets and gloves made from tights.
  • Options
    Re: threatre costume
    Originally posted by Miss_Hermione_G
    Just a little question really, im studing Art, atm, and hoping to follow with a costume making course, but really want to start making some myself, , does anyone know,

1. where i can get a manikin
    and 2. where i can get pattens for costumes as those more in Chicago?

PM me, or reply on here, any help would be good?

thanx in advance xxx
    You're studying art, and will be taking a costume making course, yet you can't spell mannequin. Tut Tut :rolleyes:
    Haven't you ever been to a haberdashery? My local one has an extensive library of sewing patterns... Yours should have at least a few surely?? And I'm sure they could order a mannequin for you? My haberdashery are good like that.. :p

Ilora x
  • Options
    thanx, and i no im a very bad speller:):blush: