Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Broken Foot- Back to work update

Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
An update on my foot injury. Since going back to work after my foot injury and having the horrible experience on the weekend of 11-12 Feb I just feel that any time soon at work something could happen again. I still don't feel my foot has fully recovered and sometimes at work it suddenly hurts again and I then feel ill.

What am I meant to do at work if I need a first aider or someone at work and there is no one around and I cant walk to find someone, I'm worried at some point this might happen?!

Comments

• Options
    micamica Deactivated Posts: 98 Budding Regular
    Hey Laura,

It's definitely scary to feel like no one might be around to help you if something were to happen again. Is it possible for you to have a phone with you at work? Or maybe to agree that you stay within someone else's view for the next few weeks as your foot heals. It'd only be a short-term agreement with your co-worker so it wouldn't be too much to ask.
    Alternatively, maybe the best thing for your health would be to take a little bit more time off or to work shorter shifts until your foot heals more.

Sending you healing vibes!
    - Mica
  • Options
    Hi thanks for the reply. yeh I feel that my ankle hasn't fully recovered yet. I do have my phone on me during work due to personal circumstances but only one manager is aware of this. Yeh I'm sure they will let me stay in the view of someone just in case it happens again. I don't feel I can take time off work because ive already taken enough time off already this year and my family need the money. my foot has got bad again after todays shift. I am only doing 4hours most of the time although Saturday I'm doing 10-7 which is what I'm worried about
  • Options
    One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    Hi, Lura how you feeling?
    Have you gotten back in touch woth your doctor or physiotherapist about not feeling as if you have healed yet. It's good to hear that you are allowed to keep your phone with you while at work. Prehaps you could use this to ring the office if you need help?

Hope you're ok
  • Options
    not good too be honest, not strong enough at the moment, feel like at any point I could start crying, also in pain. I haven't got back into touch with the doctor yet but I will do soon. I don't think work know that I still have my phone on me during work too be honest. I'm not okay really but thanks anyway