Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Visual hallucinations

I completely forgot that it happened this morning too until it happened again just now.

This morning I saw a spider and it was there long enough for me to see what it was and watch it move across my pillow towards me, I was scared and it happened fast but I made it out my bed then it vanished. Just now I don't know why I woke up, I think I needed the bathroom and I sat up and turned towards the wall and saw this figure come up from the head of my bed and try to reach for me, I fell out my bed, screamed and quickly switched the light on.

I've been going to bed earlier, somewhat crappy mood and on no medication either.

Google says it's quite common so I'm not going to stress over it, I was just wondering if anyone had something similar happen?

Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    DistractionDistraction Posts: 450 Listening Ear
    Hi,

I hear that this is quite common to, maybe it's stress or something, I had a couple of experiences like this to, one time my mirror was at the bottom of my bed and I seen this full grown man in a gas mask in the mirror and he was wearing some sort of over rolls, other times it's black figures out of the corner of my eye, I've had times where everything moved, like the whole floor just goes side ways as if am falling, I was sitting at a table once and the whole thing just flipped but a few seconds later it was as if nothing happened,

It's odd and scary when it happens, defiantly feels real,
  • Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    I have stuff like this but it seems so real and then the sense of trying to work out what it means.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    I use to see spiders when i woke up. On the wall and would be quite dark and then i would move to turn the light on and wasnt actually there. But that was when i moved house and was spiders from things moving. Then stoped seeing it after. Which i thin that is normal. But seeing things like figures sounds a bit different. I never seen anything like that. Not sure if thats common or Mayeb you wasnt hallucinating it. If it bothers you though would tell someome or carries on.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    @Distraction It might be be stress related, I've been quite distressed about things and worrying about work. That sounds scary, have you ever told anyone about this? Definitely is scary, I hope it doesn't happen again to me or you.

@Steph95 It's one of those weird ones because you actually see it, I think I might try an take your approach and try understanding what it all means and what maybe happening around me.

@Shaunie thank goodness it wasn't real, I hate spiders. We once had to do an anatomical drawing of a spider it made me feel so ill lol The only problem is, one happened in the day and one happened at night. I don't get nightmares or anything like that but I think I will tell someone if it starts to happen more.

V:)
  • Options
    Currently doing everything I can not to fall asleep. I know it's bad I'm a little scared it's going to happen again.

I also stupidly triggered myself.
    I've been thinking about a letter I'm awaiting in the post.
  • Options
    One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 601 Incredible Poster
    Hey I'm not very goo woth things like this but have you spoken to anyone about it?
    Depending in what medication you take is it possible that this could be a side effect from not taking the medication?

Sorry to hear you're not sleeping very well fo you think that prehaps sleeping with the light on or with your door open may help you? Lack of sleep can also cause halusinations
    It maybe helpful if you visit your gp to descuss this.

Hope you're ok

EmmaXx
  • Options
    I've only spoken about it here and luckily it's not happened again. I've been on 2 anti psychotics in the past and last year around June I was put on an anti depressant but it caused me such side effects I stopped taking it after a week before starting itagain and stopping again after 2 weeks.

When I wrote this I also broke my lamp lol but I'm now sleeping again with the light off and all it good on that side of things.

Thanks for the help hun, I'm not 100% at the moment but I'm trying.

V *hug*
  • Options
    One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 601 Incredible Poster
    Hey notagain just thought I'd pop up to see how you are :)

I'm glad to hear it hasn't happened again that's grate news :) just remember that yhere are people who can help if you need it.

I'll say from past experience be very careful when you suddenly stop taking antidepressants. I remember calling the doctors because mine were giving me indigestion. They told me to carry on but lower my dosage until I was off them.

Oh no need a new lamp then? But good to hear you're sleeping bit better.

Don't know if you're feeling any better but how come you don't feel 100% atm.

Hope you're ok

EmmaXx
  • Options
    Hey notagain just thought I'd pop up to see how you are :)

I'm glad to hear it hasn't happened again that's grate news :) just remember that yhere are people who can help if you need it.

I'll say from past experience be very careful when you suddenly stop taking antidepressants. I remember calling the doctors because mine were giving me indigestion. They told me to carry on but lower my dosage until I was off them.

Oh no need a new lamp then? But good to hear you're sleeping bit better.

Don't know if you're feeling any better but how come you don't feel 100% atm.

Hope you're ok

EmmaXx

That's so nice of you OIAM, I'm okay, I've just been busy with work because of deadlines.

It's been very loud in my head recently and i'm having continuous urges to self harm, purge and intrusive thoughts. I've been trying to ignore it and I've been able to get my work done in time which is good. I'm just trying to focus on the good things a reasons to stay on the right path.

Don't worry, they all know and I fucked up big time because I suffered with withdrawals despite not taking them for that long.

Thank you for your message, I really appreciate it *hug*