Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Best way to get rid of dyed black hair?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Am i right i need to bleach my hair for this? Which is the best kind to use? I want to go back to my natural brown colour, not that i can remember what it was!

Comments

• Options
    Re: Best way to get rid of dyed black hair?
    Originally posted by Fairy
    Am i right i need to bleach my hair for this? Which is the best kind to use? I want to go back to my natural brown colour, not that i can remember what it was!

yes you do. best thing i've found to bleach with is boots own pre-lightener. didn't rag my hair half as much as other ones i've used.

if you bleach over black, it'll probably go a scary ginger colour, so you might need to dye it quite a dark brown to cover it up, but on a bleach, you'll find if you dye it dark, it fades quite a lot.
  • Options
    Thankyou Kaffrin! :) I couldnt find the one you suggested, but have ordered Daniel Galvin Colour Corrector and Natural Light Brown Colour. Not too sure they will work, but hopefully they will! Otherwise i think i will give up and go to a hairdressers. Damn expensive though! Least my birthday is coming up soon :)
  • Options
    I dyed mine black by mistake, but thankfully it was only semi permanent. I hated it so much that I got a really dark brown dye and dyed it..it helped a little bit
  • Options
    Yay! Ive got rid of it! :) Its now a more natural lightish brown :D Im never dying it black again!