Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hi

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi I'm new to this thread. I introduced myself in a differnet thread but I wanted to start a thread about my feelings as though someone is taking out and inserting words into my mind. Often I change the words I use and say random words which don't mean anything.

Comments

• Options
    RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    Hey BethM, if it hasn't been said already, welcome to the forums. I'm going to post a link on Personality disorders. I'm not saying you have one, but hopefully it will give a little information on this situation.

http://www.themix.org.uk/mental-health/personality-disorders/personality-disorders-6637.html

I would advise you to see your doctor about this, as there could be medication that could help. Again, I'm no doctor so don't know 100%. I would like to say I personally have been battling with voices over the last few years, and although everyone suffers from different things, talking to doctors got my treatment started.

If you can't talk to your doctor for which ever reason (not worries if you can't by the way), you can try contacting Mind (Link Here). I have personally had help from them when my mental health first started, for me they helped at the start, but again, all is different.

Hopefully you can find some help between these words, and I wish you all the best :)
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
  • Options
    Hi Rhys, are you a moderator too?

Thankyou for the welcome.

What! Do you think I have a personality disorder? I have seen a doctor but because I am only 15 they are wary of putting me on medication.

I was reffered to MIND and they come out and done a assesment but then I haven't heard from them since. Which has now been months.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Beth,

Looks like Rhys was just letting you know we have some information around what you were describing in that article he linked - us mods could never diagnose anyone here, and we'd never claim to be medical experts. We can provide a little more information on symptoms people describe though and help people do their own reading, which I think it what Rhys was going for there. :)

It sucks that Mind haven't been in touch with you for so long though, did they give you an idea of a possible response time after the assessment?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Hi Mike,

Ah I see, I was worried because I haven't got a diagnosis as I'm only 15. They want to wait a year or so. Unless they've told my carers a diagnosis I am unsure but I don't know my diagnosis.

I can't really remember now tbh Mike, I had my assesment such a long time ago and because I hadent heard anything I rang up and they was going to call back but still months later they haven't rung back.
  • Options
    BethM wrote: »
    Hi Mike,

Ah I see, I was worried because I haven't got a diagnosis as I'm only 15. They want to wait a year or so. Unless they've told my carers a diagnosis I am unsure but I don't know my diagnosis.

I can't really remember now tbh Mike, I had my assesment such a long time ago and because I hadent heard anything I rang up and they was going to call back but still months later they haven't rung back.

It might be worth getting in touch and chasing them up on this, because if you have been diagnosed you'll be able to get help regarding it
  • Options
    It was ages ago I'm not chasing up on it again.
  • Options
    RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    Hey BethM, sorry for the confusion, sometimes words don't come across the way we may originally meant them to.
    How are you getting on with everything?
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
  • Options
    I'm not getting on with anything.

I feel so sad and confused. I just want to die.