Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How/why did you start?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Out of interest...

Anyone that takes drugs, how and why did you start? Was it peer pressure or your own personal desire?

Comments

• Options
    Definetely own personal desire, just wanted to see what smoking weed would do, and dropping pills etc, and it's all been positive experiences so far....
    A few of my mates do pills etc, but the majority don't..
  • Options
    I just got offered a smoke one day, wasn't pushed into it and have just been smoking ever since..have only tried salvia and going to be experimenting with truffles soon, haven't tried pills or anything...so mainly i just wanted to see what it was like.
  • Options
    its that long ago i cant realy remember ...i was surrounded by the stuff though ...still am!
  • Options
    I was round my older sisters one friday night and we were just planing a quiet night in with a few friends and she asked me if I wanted any pills while her dealer was round and I thought why not.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    I was round my older sisters one friday night and we were just planing a quiet night in with a few friends and she asked me if I wanted any pills while her dealer was round and I thought why not.
    why not indeed ...
  • Options
    I smoked cannabis because it seemed like a rebelius thing to do, kind of a disapointment really, given all the trouble you can get into over it I was expecting more.

I did pills because I thought, well a million are taken every weekend they've got to be good. The other things just kind of followed from there.
  • Options
    At a company christmas party on the 5th of January (yes it was late) 2001, was a bit pissed, a mate of mine was leaving, and asked if I wanted to go to techno/trance/house party in La Linea (just over the frontier from Gibraltar) anyways, to cut a long story short, he asked me if i wanted to try a pill, ended up taking 2, the walls were melting, the model of elvis ontop of the bar area inside the club was dancing and singing, the aeroplane thats attached to the roof started flying around, and people started melting into puddles.... i loved it and never looked back :D

still need to try acid tho... as i still havent had any visuals like my first pills gave me, and now that I'm more drug-wise, I think I'd enjoy them more

Editted to say, yes, I took extacy before any other drug, and I tried coke before i smoked a joint
  • Options
    Sounds like you got MDA or 2CB for your first pills, I'd say acid wont really give you that type of visuals, well unless you do a mind bending amount. There are things that are more visual without too much of the headfuck.
  • Options
    they were Igloos, and i know you cant judge a pill by the logo, but the only other time i had them, they were stonking as well.

When you say other things... such as??
  • Options
    Mushies, especialy liberty caps in my experiance, or DMT, but I guess that has quite a bit of headfuck too. DOM is supposed to be very visual too.
    There is some 2Ci around in London at the moment too, I've heard not such great things about it, everyone says that its quite visual but there's nothing to it, no, errrm, learning potencial.
  • Options
    I was on a mushie map for the uk, found loads of places in England,Wales and around there but nowhere for N.Ireland :(
  • Options
    I'm sure there will be places, what with all the green hills you have and all. I really liked the northern coast, a nice change from the big smoke.
  • Options
    I'm sure there are places, where did you visit when along the Northern coast?
  • Options
    I don't think their is anything wrong with cannabis which I like to dab in every now and then, I don't think it's clever to boast about taking pills and doing harder drugs though.
  • Options
    Shogan; We flew into Belfast, did a photo shoot there (oooh arent I posh) and then went up on the bus to Ballycastle, from there we wandered around the coast near there and went to the Giants Causeway, which I thought was slightly unimpressive, it was interesting but not quite as dramatic as I was hoping for.

dantheman; I dont think anyone really wants to 'boast' as such about their drug use, I hope we're all a little above that, mainly we are sharing our experiances so we can learn from each others mistakes, thus harm reduction is hopefully achieved.
  • Options
    The giants causeway :rolleyes: been there a good few times, just rocks and rocks and more more rocks.
  • Options
    Exactly, its totaly over sold, I was kind of hoping for some natural wonder like Niagra or MC Sharky.
  • Options
    :lol:

you don't get that good in Ireland.
  • Options
    i first tried puff when i was about 14 and i was just out with mates and they was like do u wanna try some so i thought why not!

started takin pills and doin billy first off around the time of my 18th birthday purely off my own back because i wanted to experience the buzz. dont really touch pills no more and very rarely do billy.

then i got into doin charlie and i luved it the min i tried it the only problem is it makes me so good damn horny :naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by sar's the lady

then i got into doin charlie and i luved it the min i tried it the only problem is it makes me so good damn horny :naughty:

that's a problem?
  • Options
    Originally posted by RonHaze
    that's a problem?

only if my b/f aint around then i gotta satisfy myself or get the toys on the go :naughty: and when im coked up i just luv feelin someone beating the back outta me :naughty:;)
  • Options
    To be honest, ex girlfriends did it to me. It was the best escape and lets face it, it made every moment with each one i had MUCH MUCH more enjoyable :) love me some white rolex
  • Options
    To be honest, ex girlfriends did it to me. It was the best escape and lets face it, it made every moment with each one i had MUCH MUCH more enjoyable :) love me some white rolex

Dead thread, dead head.
This discussion has been closed.