Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Is this considered rape?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If as a young child (under 18), you were "Seduced"/"Sededucted" by an older person of the same gender? However not really knowing much about Sex or being Gay. And did sexual stuff, such as, Give you a hand job, Fingered you, Licked you out or gave you a blowjob with out consent but you went along with it. Or made you do that stuff to them.

However at the time you didn't know what was happening but later on so maybe a couple years (Still under 18) you have reflected and disagreed with the situation?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there , im glad you reached and posted on here.. in my opinion it would be considered as rape, for more than one reason if the person was under 16 they cannot consent and even if they werent you said they didnt consent....but i wanted to say im sorry if that is upsetting.

i thought i would post a link : http://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/single-life-and-dating/sexual-consent-15356.html

And say if you want to talk anymore feel free to post on here....

Thanks for responding Turtle, if anyone else has opinions on this situation. It means alot to me.
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Hi anonymous hope you are ok

In the event of an adult (18+) having sex with a minnor (under 16) that would be concedered rape under the law as the legal age of consent is 16.

Hope you are ok

Emma
    Many kids are in a situation like this and are naive, scared, confused etc. and don't know what's going on. Many predatory adults target vulnerable kids. This is why the age of consent in the UK was increased to 16 in 1885. In the large majority of cases, the victim already knows the perpetrator - and the victim can be scared of the consequences and/or not being believed. Until recently, the large majority of cases have gone unreported. In recent years, it's become more commonly reported and many more people (including several celebrities) have been convicted of sex offences.

Even if it happened years ago, it can still be reported. However, as there will no longer be any DNA evidence, it makes prosecution less likely.

There are threads on here that relate to rape, so you may find it helpful to read them. One of them is about a case that's going through court.

What you're describing are sex offences, but it can only be rape if he penetrates his victim with his penis. This is why Fred Talbot, Chris Denning, Rolf Harris etc. could not be convicted of rape - but of other sexual offences instead.
    One-in-a-million it happened a couple years ago now and im very confused. As the person was very close to me. Also it has made me question my sexuality.

Robert, that is a lot of helpful information there, thank you.

In the event of an adult (18+) having sex with a minnor (under 16) that would be concedered rape under the law as the legal age of consent is 16.

Emma

No, the offence is unlawful sexual intercourse. Footballer Graham Rix and teacher Jeremy Forrest were convicted of this offence after having sex with 15-year-old girls in separate cases.
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Hi anonymous, I am so sorry I've just re-read the post and realised I completely misunderstood what was being said so my apologies.

In your case you hadn't concented to the sexual act and therefore it is rape in any cercamstance. Have you been able to speak to anyone about this?

Robbet is right you can still make a case even though it was years ago. Sexual assault and rape can leave the victim very confused and upset and it is a normal reaction for someone to question there sexuality after being abused in this way.

I understand how hard this must be for you and prehaps you may feel comfortable look at this site for extra support please don't worry if you don't feel ready https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/crime-info/types-crime/rape-sexual-assault-and-sexual-harassment

All the best

Emma
    anonymous wrote: »
    One-in-a-million it happened a couple years ago now and im very confused. As the person was very close to me. Also it has made me question my sexuality.

You're the victim; this was not your fault. He targeted you because you were vulnerable and he found an opportunity to sexually assault you. It doesn't make you homosexual. Sam (on another thread) has had bullies falsely claim that he must be gay to have been raped by men.

Have you told anyone other than us on this forum about what happened?

Is this man still in your life in any way?
    Robert, no i have not shared this with anyone else...
    This man is still in my life, but i try to keep my distance from him as much as possible. Because although he made me feel like this he has done a lot for my family and dont want to upset my other family members.
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Yes it is rape
    He is probably targeting other boys in a similar way. Many predators act like they're good people in order to get access to victims and get away with it. Some of them befriend a whole family in order to target one kid - like an advanced form of grooming. By becoming liked and popular with a family, it gives the predator power.