Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Going Downhill :(

Louu__Louu__ Posts: 24 Boards Initiate
So feeling low and crap about things right now isn't something new, it's more a less a daily feeling/fight just because of how tricky things are right now in my life and difficulties I'm facing. Usually, I always try to find one positive thing about myself or my day daily because it helps motivate me. Yet tonight I feel stuck, lost, confused, upset, angry and generally low :( so yeah recently my minds been all over but I'm not a bitch, I'm not a bully, I'm an individual who is going through a rough patch so I'm not myself and yeah I get arsey and snappy. Yet recently all that's being said to me is more a less indicating I'm nothing more than a selfish, worthless person. Worthless I agree with but I'm not selfish and I'm not a bully :( so yeah this has knocked me right back and now all I am doing is overthinking so much, questioning how I come across, like is this really how people see me? it hurts because that's not who I am but clearly others see something I don't.
I just try so hard on a daily basis to stay positive, focused on what could be a happy and free future for me. But then things like this question if I'm even worth being given a chance in life to be happy? Oh I don't know, I really don't. To the point I've cried on and off all evening about how shit a person I am.
I literally upset everyone I come in contact with. I'm just glad I've got a couple of days away and to try and switch my mind back to the positive person I want to be, not what others clearly are thinking of me :(

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Louu,

First off I just want to reassure you that despite what you might be hearing from others, or even yourself, we certainly don't think you're worthless, selfish or a bully. You're a great member of this community, and like you said you're someone going through a rough patch so you're not yourself. The people who can recognise that will know that you're none of those things at heart. *hug* Is it anyone in particular making you think this way about yourself, or a general feeling you get?

Also I love that you try and find one positive thing about you every day. I imagine this can really help keep that positivity going on some level, although it sucks that it didn't quite do the trick last night. :(

How are you doing today? Sounds like last night was quite rough, but I hope you managed to get through it. Have a great couple of days away if we don't hear from you before you get back, and I hope you get some space to think. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.