Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

PC should die a death

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why is it 'wrong' to offend minorities?

What is offence? It's subjective, no?

If some person gets offended by insults to their ethnicity why can't I stop people offending me?

Comments

• Options
    Just a question... but from what political angle are your opinions based?

In a sense, I agree with you. A friend of mine went to a school where him and one other lad in his class were white and all the rest were Asian, like from Pakistan or somewhere. Anyway, they could call him chalky or a white bastard or anything and get away with it because it's not counted as racism, but if he said anything back... straight to the headmaster's office it was. Because it was counted as being racist.

Now I hate racism with a passion. Racist fucking footballers can kiss my self-rightious ass whilst I fart and follow through in their mouth because they're thick as fucking shit. And at the same time, anybody from any ethnic minority who's racist against another group can do the same.

An 'offence' is something that would probably be based on some rule that the bourgeois put because of what offends them, or maybe it's based on popular opinion or enforced by the media.

I think it's wrong to offend anybody for no good reason.
  • Options
    It is wrong to offend anyone for no particular reason, just let them get on with what they are doing.
  • Options
    I am a classical liberal. Why do you ask?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    It is wrong to offend anyone for no particular reason, just let them get on with what they are doing.

But offence is SUCH a subjective thing!!! Even the most trivial of things can offend someone.
  • Options
    Re: PC should die a death
    Originally posted by monocrat
    Why is it 'wrong' to offend minorities?

What is offence? It's subjective, no?

If some person gets offended by insults to their ethnicity why can't I stop people offending me?
    Maybe because some people in power have turned logic on it's head and feel the need to appease the minorities, instead of the majority.

We now take pre-emptive strikes at appeasing minority groups without knowing if they actually care of not. We just presume it make the minority groups happy. (That is the impression I got from reading about what a few councils did earlier this year) OTT PCness

*I don't have the links*
  • Options
    Originally posted by monocrat
    I am a classical liberal. Why do you ask?

Just wondering is all.

*yawns*

Anyway, I despise racism, but no more than I despise people who pick on others for no good reason.